Vice President of Social Enterprise - Goodwill, The Amity Group
Goodwill, The Amity Group has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team. We are now recruiting for:
VICE PRESIDENT, SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Goodwill, the Amity Group is a leading social impact and human services organization based in Hamilton that serves the Hamilton and Halton communities. Goodwill lives a person-centred service philosophy that places clients, employers, and stakeholders at the centre of our mission, which is changing lives and strengthening communities through the power of work. To deliver that mission we support individuals in overcoming barriers to employment and obtaining work and employers in securing the workforce they need through our social enterprise division. Our social enterprises include two retail thrift stores, donation centres, recycling operations, and Stairways Café & Catering. Our social enterprises generate proceeds to reinvest in our mission, make us a larger employer, reflect our environmental mission, and provide hands-on training and opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Vice President of Social Enterprise with our internationally recognized not-for-profit organization, you will be equal parts strategist, collaborator, leader, and problem solver. As a senior level professional you will be managing multi-functional teams delivering all our social enterprise activities which includes our retail stores and donation centres, our recycling operations (including transportation and logistics), and our café and catering business. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is excited and eager to “roll-up the sleeves” and get involved in the day-to-day business, at the same time as driving innovation, process efficiency, continuous improvement, and engaging their team in operational excellence. Our Strategic Plan calls for top and bottom line growth as well as expansion in this part of our organization, which the Vice President will lead.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO
- Collaborate with other members of the Senior Leadership team to embody and bring to life the vision and culture for the organization.
- Lead the organization’s social enterprise operations through strategizing, directing, and managing all operational activities to achieve established goals and objectives for financial and overall brand success.
- Work closely with other members of senior leadership to develop, explore, create, and expand cross-functional opportunities to integrate social enterprise with our Employment Services division in support of our overall mission.
- Maintain a consistent, visible, and a positive leadership presence is all business unit locations, leading by example in personal dedication, energy and drive.
- Maximize return on investment and profitability through effectively managing revenue growth while exercising appropriate expense control.
- Be a coach and mentor to all direct reports, providing guidance, training, and career development.
- Work with business unit managers to ensure all locations have the personnel in place with the right skill sets and tools to effectively and efficiently deliver our services.
- Establish and maintain all customer service delivery standards in alignment with Goodwill’s mission and values and works with business unit management to ensure the standards are met throughout all locations and business units.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about operations, incredible with clients and customers, and are well known for the depth of your team leadership and collaboration.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in management roles with at least 3 years at a senior level.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in multi-unit retail, restaurant or similar management, ideally in a “thrift” environment.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business management or a related discipline.
- Six Sigma, Lean, or other process improvement training would be an asset.
- Environmental sciences or knowledge of waste diversion practices would be an asset.
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Experience managing transportation/distribution, warehousing, and logistics.
- Proven track record of delivering customer service excellence.
- Positive, lead-by-example approach to people management, coaching, and mentoring.
- A strategic, analytical, and innovative thinker able to work equally well independently or cross-functionally as part of a team.
- High emotional intelligence, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- A strong financial manager with experience in budgeting, managing, and delivering on financial targets.
- A “doer” as well as a leader. Committed to gaining and retaining first-hand knowledge of the frontline positions overseen.
INTERESTED IN TAKING ON THIS EXCITING CHALLENGE?
If this opportunity is of interest, and you feel you are qualified, please submit your resume and covering letter quoting VPSE072020 in the subject line to:
Application deadline: August 7, 2020. Successful applicants will be required to submit to a Police Records Check as part of the offer process.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by us regarding this position, please advise if you require accommodations.