Vice-chair - F.L.O.W Drop in
F.L.O.W (Flourish, Lead, Overcome-Woman's Drop in). Our drop in will be for survivors of human trafficking, those experiences human trafficking, and those at risk of becoming trafficked. Our drop will be located in the City of Toronto and will be open to female identified, and non-binary individuals between the ages of 16-29.
Our mission is to provide a safe space for survivors of human trafficking, where they can relax and/or gain skills to build upon in their recovery. We want to be able to provide services that surpass simply meeting the basic needs of individuals. We want to provide wrap around services to help woman and girls reach their full potential, and lead happy and purposeful lives.
1. Is a member of the Board.
2. Is in charge of setting the organizations policies in collaboration with the Executive Director.
3. Performs the Chair’s responsibilities’ when the Chair is not available.
4. Reports to the Board’s Chair.
5. Works closely with the Chair and other staff.
6. Participates closely with the Chair and other staff in regards to impending policies for the organization and its programs/services.
7. Maintains records of all board meeting minutes and ensures minutes are distributed to members shortly after each meeting.
8. Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
- Experience working with Human Trafficking Survivors for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience taking minutes for meetings.
- Experience writing policies for organizations.
- Experience with non profit organizations.
- Has conflict resolution, communication, and writing skills along with Microsoft office proficiency.