Urban Health Outreach Nurse - Centretown Community Health Centre
Fixed term part-time contract of 12 months (with possibility of extension) - 3 days per week
The Nurse – Urban Health Outreach works with homeless, marginally housed or street affected clients to help them achieve their desired health goals. Using the skills and knowledge of the nursing practice, and following the standards and guidelines of the profession and CCHC, the Urban Health Outreach Nurse provides care and services to individuals from the community who are homeless and/or at risk of being homeless. He/she provides client-centred primary care to clients within a care modality, which respects client needs and choices, within a health care framework, which emphasizes health promotion and education, disease prevention and on-going client education. The Nurse – Urban Health Outreach works in collaboration with organizations serving the homeless, as well as CCHC.
- Bachelor level education in Nursing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Eligible for membership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a community and/or public health setting.
- Working with street affected underserved individuals with mental health and addictions
- Knowledge of the health needs of the homeless and a demonstrated ability to work with the population.
- Skills and experience working with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently as within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advocacy skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular email and MS Word.
- Available to work occasionally until 8:00 p.m.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
English, written and spoken
French, written and spoken
Start Date: October 7, 2019
Hourly Rate: $34.114 to $41.101 hourly
Pension: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before August 16, 2019 by 11:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Bilingual Urban Health Outreach Nurse – Term P/T 3 days per week”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at email@example.com so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.