Umbrella Mental Health Network Associate – Psychologists, Psychotherapists, and Social Workers - Umbrella Mental Health Network
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING: UMBRELLA MENTAL HEALTH NETWORK ASSOCIATE – REMOTE
(Psychologists, Psychotherapists, and Social Workers)
Umbrella Mental Health Network (UMHN) is a network of queer and trans-identified mental health professionals who work primarily in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, intersex, asexual, two-spirit (LGBTQIA2S) community within Toronto. We are a group of highly skilled, compassionate, radical psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers who have shared expertise in supporting and promoting health and wellness within an LGBTQIA2S mental health framework.
We are currently seeking psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers to work remotely and join our dynamic team.
What we offer our Associates:
- Professional development training related to LGBTQIA2S mental health from external as well as internal resources
- An annual professional development allowance
- Regular peer supervision
- Clinical supervision and support opportunities
- Additional funding for BIPOC associates to receive external support and supervision
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Sliding scale flexibility and paid pro bono opportunities
Ideal candidates are passionate about serving LGBTQIA2S folks in the Toronto community, working from trauma-informed frameworks with a deep understanding of social justice.
Specific duties include and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Remotely providing the appropriate counselling methods/interventions and referral services to clients who are part of the LGBTQIA2S community
- Assessing needs including other support or on-going counselling services, and/or other community supports and making the appropriate referrals
- Providing affirming, supportive care to foster a sense of belonging and community
- Liaising with the Administrative Assistant to book in clients for consultations and appointments
- Attending and participating in monthly Professional Development and Supervision meetings
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social Work; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Registration with a professional body and holding of personal liability insurance
- A working knowledge of a variety of counselling approaches appropriate to the intervention context, including but not limited to: Relational Psychotherapy, Positive Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectic Behavioural Therapy, Psychoanalysis etc.
- A working knowledge of anti-oppressive, harm reduction, and trauma-informed frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of the variety of complex issues relating to LGBTQIA2S people’s lived experiences and the systemic barriers experienced by different people in the community (e.g. homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, ableism, etc.).
- Competency in working with QTBIPOC individuals
- Experience in delivering online counselling is an asset
- Experience in individual as well as couples/constellations work an asset
- Ability to use discretion in handling sensitive or confidential information
- Flexibility in hours – availability for evening and weekend work is an asset
- Excellent organizational, computer, problem solving, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and C.V or resume to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with UMHN. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries. Applications are confidential.
We encourage all members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community to apply.