Translator - The Mindful Word
The Mindful Word is a collective of volunteers committed to creating a culture of engaged living. Publishing since 2007, we cover a range of topics related to mind-spirit, wholistic health, travel and the environment. For more information visit: www.themindfulword.org. We're looking to translate the site from English into multiple languages, so we're seeking fluent speakers of a variety of other languages to complete the translations. Here are the four languages we're currently seeking translators for: Japanese, Arabic, German and Italian.
In addition to working on The Mindful Word, Engaged Living Media also runs a couple other sites that are being translated should you have particular interests in homes, home improvement and food.
- Translate four articles a week into your native language. Volunteers will have some choice as to which articles they work with.
- Fluency in the language you'll be translating.
- Must translate at least four articles per week for a duration of three months (articles typically range between 1000 and 2000 words, although the occasional one is a bit shorter or longer.) We have an auto-translator that does most of the translation, but because it is machine translation it will have errors, so your job would be to fix up the automatically translated text and make it read smoothly.
- Work from home (or wherever you choose)
- Minimum three-month commitment
- Letter of recommendation after three months of suitable work
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify which language(s) you're able to do translation work in and what your interests are. Although this isn't absolutely necessary, if you'd like to include a writing sample in your native language or an example of a document you've translated, that will help support your application.
For more information, contact:
Erica Roberts, Editor (email@example.com)