Therapist, DBT - Associated Youth Services of Peel
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centered, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Therapist to join our dynamic Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Program. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving youth and families and have strong therapeutic skills and child/youth and family engagement skills.
In this full-time contract (maternity leave to November 2021), Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
- Devise and deliver assessment, treatment and intervention plans in conjunction with the client to ensure progress toward goals, including management of crisis and life-threatening behaviours, adhering to the DBT treatment model with multi-need adolescents
- Conduct individual therapy sessions, family therapy, and telephone coaching to clients as needed
- Plan, organize, and co-facilitate DBT multi-family skills groups
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, progress reports, and discharge summaries
- Provide statistical information related to the service provided to each family and participate in program evaluation
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collateral agencies and service providers
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- Support the 24-hour phone coaching service, on a rotational basis
Individuals with the appropriate qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until filled.
- A Master of Social Work Degree or other comparable Post Graduate Degree in a related field
- Membership in the appropriate professional regulatory body under the Psychotherapy Act
- Minimum 2 years’ clinical experience working with youth and families with complex needs
- Knowledge of and experience with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness, Crisis Intervention, Family Therapy, and Group Facilitation
- Experience in group leadership and facilitation with youth
- Knowledge and experience implementing DBT is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Annual Salary: $54,541 - $63,632
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: case management, family services, family therapist, youth engagement, clinician, psychotherapist, social work, mental health, child and family counsellor