Territorial Donor Relations Coordinator - The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Under the direct supervision of the Annual Giving Manager, the Territorial Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible to assist in providing friendly and efficient donor-centered service to current and prospective donors, sometimes requiring negotiation skills to maintain client longevity. The Territorial Donor Relations Coordinator is the key point of contact for all Divisional Donor Relations staff and the national processing centre.
Using Raiser’s Edge NXT, online donation systems and The Salvation Army’s proprietary receipting program, the Territorial Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible to ensure donor inquiries and requests are processed in a timely manner. These may include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Research donor contact information and follow up with donors as needed by email, phone or mail
- Manage the Donor Relations inbox and the Receipt Inquiry inbox fulfilling donor requests through updates in Raiser’s Edge and providing duplicate receipts for donors
- Responsible for follow-up on donor inquiries received through the national call centre and the Finance department
- Communicate with direct mail agency regarding donor inquiries, as needed
Donation Administration & Data Entry
- Perform data entry in Raiser’s Edge NXT, including change of address, mail contact frequency, donation allocation, etc.
- Update donor records with gift reversals and track voided receipts
- Follow-up with donors and the Finance department related to declined donations and returned cheques
- Issue duplicate and replacement receipts requiring in-depth investigation
- Issue Santa Shuffle donation receipts
- Investigate online pending and fraudulent donations
- Run a query to identify spousal information to accommodate dual names on receipts
Systems Administration & Customer Service
- Provide prompt, friendly responses to divisional staff regarding donation inquiries and donor information
- Provide prompt, friendly responses to donor inquiries and requests
- Coordinate all aspects of calibration sessions to evaluate agents at the national call centre, including regular updates to the quality assurance evaluation tool
- File reports for the Annual Giving Program
- Update process manual related to specific job functions
- Maintain Staff Distribution Lists with data partner for weekly $1,000+ file distribution
- Track and record donor complaints, and the number of inquiries received from donors through the Annual Giving Team’s shared inboxes
- Prepare Annual Receipt File and send to data partner
- In consultation with the Annual Giving Manager, process requests for new user accounts for the Local Receipting Program and facilitate any further system access queries.
- Provide back up to the Campaign Coordinator and the Territorial Resource Coordinator during vacation/sick leave
- Reception relief and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field or relevant experience equivalent
- Three years of experience in donor relations and customer service, using Raiser’s Edge NXT or a similar Customer Relationship Management system
- Appreciation and acceptance of the values of The Salvation Army, its Mission Statement and Fundraising Code of Ethics
- Strong organizational, administration, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional data entry skills with a thorough understanding of fundraising software
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including MS Excel and MS Word
- Superior problem resolution and analytical skills, with a strong donor/customer focus
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands in a fast-paced environment
- Prompt response that is friendly, diplomatic and donor centric, while ensuring compliance with all policies and regulations
- High standards of integrity, judgement, and the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships of trust and confidentiality
- Flexible, self-motivated, meets deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development to stay informed about fundraising trends and the organization’s mission and objectives
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Education verification
Please include the competition # 19-045 in the subject line of your email.
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
(416) 422-6352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Employee Relations Department
Please no phone calls.
Employee Relations Department
2 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario, M4H 1P4
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.