Team Leader, Connections Emergency Shelter/STAY Transitional Apartments for Youth (Housing) - 360°kids
Connections and STAY are located in the Richmond Hill Housing Hub, a one-stop, full service centre for youth care and support where at-risk youth can access safe, supportive housing for the day, the night or for as long as a year, together with a full range of new and expanded 360°kids programs designed to help kids get back on their feet, right within their home community.
Reporting to the Manager of Youth Hub Programs, the Team Lead will oversee the 14 Emergency Housing beds (Connections) and assist with 11 Transitional Beds (STAY) including day to day operations; manage the flow of clients in both programs; lead the case management process for both programs; select and facilitate activities aimed at achieving the desired outcomes of the program; oversee a diverse team of workers to deliver sound and innovative programming and care for at-risk youth; ensure key relationships with funder, community partners, and others having impact on the program; develop and facilitate/encourage an organizational culture conducive to the achievement of 360°kids’ goals and objectives and work with staff to ensure program success while positively contributing to 360°kids as an organization.
Direct Accountabilities include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day organization and operation of the Connections Emergency Shelter.
- Assist the STAY team with program decisions and client case management.
- Work in consultation with Manager of Youth Hub Programs to select and facilitate activities aimed at achieving the desired outcomes of the program.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Youth Hub Programs, provide leadership to the Connections/STAY teams focusing on empowering employees; building and motivating of employees; managing for high performance and overseeing plans for the training, development, and retention of staff.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process of Connections/STAY staff to ensure ongoing recruitment of competent, experienced and client centered staff to support the needs of the programs.
- Work with the Manager of Youth Hub Programs to ensure that the Connections/STAY programs are in line with the stated mission and vision of the organization and reinforce the mission, vision and values to staff, volunteers, clients and partners.
- Ensure that appropriate policies, procedures, and methods are being utilized.
- Work cohesively with the Operations Team Lead; Home Base Team Lead; staff members of the Home Base Drop-In Centre; and STAY Transitional Apartments teams in the delivery of programs to youth accessing those services.
- Provide reports and related information as required to the Manager of Youth Hub Programs, other designated organizations, and appropriate regulatory agencies and ensure staff complete required recording and reporting.
- Positively represent 360°kids to the social service network, regulators, the general public, peers, staff, partners, ministry officials and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the 360°kids’ on-call rotation to provide support for staff and program operations outside of core hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) in emergency situations.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a Child/youth related field (e.g. Child and Youth, Social Service Worker, Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology) or the equivalent combination of education and experience working with youth. Minimum of three years’ experience working with “at-risk” or street involved youth and minimum one year supervisory or management experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Leadership skills, including motivation, delegation, coaching/mentoring and empowerment and the ability to motivate staff.
- Working within a housing first framework candidates must possess extensive knowledge of working with youth, including understanding of harm reduction principles and trauma informed care.
- Demonstrated client focused counselling skills and role modelling.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be adaptable with a flexible approach taking into consideration the unique qualities of each client.
- Experience using a case management system or HIFIS and tools like the VI-SPDAT an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that promote positive team building, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- A broad knowledge of community resources and the ability to strongly advocate for clients and professional referrals.
- Relationship building and management skills, to support relationships with peers, staff, partners and ministry officials and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check).
- A car and valid driver’s license, $2 Million liability insurance with a clean driver’s abstract required.
360°kids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. 360°kids offers accommodation for applicants in our recruitment processes, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accommodation.