Team Lead, Accounts Receivable - Girl Guides of Canada, National Office
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
GGC-GduC is actively searching for an experienced Team Lead, Accounts Receivable.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Team Lead, Accounts Receivable will oversee all accounts receivable full-cycle process, supervise an accounts receivable team, and oversee the timely and accurate accounting records, monitor customer aging, and ensure timely collections. In this Team Lead role, you will have extensive prior accounts receivable experience and at least two years in a supervisory role. As part of your role, you will provide training and coaching for team members and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual support.
In this role, you will:
- Set goals for the accounts receivable team that align with the accounting team’s goals.
- Assess current accounts receivable practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage the full cycle of the accounts receivable process.
- Ensure all team members follow the accounting principles and provide team support.
- Review daily invoice batches, including membership registration, merchandise sales, donation, cookie sales and event revenue, ensure invoices are accurately entered into the accounting system.
- Review daily receipt batches, including credit cards, cheques, EFTs, transfers, cash and ACH direct payments.
- Review daily accounts receivable’s general ledger batches.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile accounts receivable sub ledger to general ledger balances.
- On a monthly basis, review accounts receivable aging reports.
- Ensure completion of accounts receivable month-end and year-end adjustments and reconciliations.
- Provide ongoing support and training to the accounts receivable team.
- Assist with annual audit processing.
- Conduct credit checks.
- Apply organizational policies regarding diversity, equity and inclusivity to processes, communications and customer service.
You are the ideal candidate if you have:
- Post-secondary education degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA certification or working towards CPA certification.
- 5+ years’ working experience in accounts receivable, including 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Proficiency with Sage 300 accounting software.
- Proficiency with MS Office; Office 365, and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage assignments independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to the accuracy and details.
- Strong time and people management skills.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization.
- Experience in accounts payable.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Send your cover letter and resume (as one file) by August 13, 2021 to:
Leeanne Federico – Employee Experience Specialist, Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to
People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.