Team Assistant - Native Child and Family Services of Toronto
NCFST is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the Indigenous population we serve. We encourage First Nations, Métis and Inuit applicants to apply and to please self-identify in their cover letter.
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Administration, the Team Assistant will provide administrative support to various departments within the Agency.
- Screen, assess the urgency and respond to general telephone inquiries; ensuring
messages/records/information is disseminated appropriately.
- Type from written or dictated information a variety of material such as memos, letters, clinical reports,
schedules, appointment lists, legal documents, recordings and minutes.
- Complete various forms.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and events.
- Compile/input data for statistical reporting.
- Maintain and update filing system including confidential data and records. Open and close files, update
- Maintain office supplies for team members. Photocopy material as required.
- Relieve other clerical or secretarial position during absences or vacation.
- Prepare files for transfer to other teams and organize files for closing.
- Assist in the preparation of files for legal disclosure
- Obtain and maintain identification for children in care
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary education in the area of office management, business administration or a related field
- 3 to 5 years related work experience.
- Pass a Vulnerable Sector police record check
- Understand the unique dynamics that exist within the First Nations, Inuit, and Métis cultures.
- Excellent knowledge of general office procedures, organizational skills, ability to multitask, initiative
and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent Computer skills
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply by email on or before June 25, 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number #19-06-02.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, NCFST will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.