Systems Support Specialist - Grandview Children's Centre
...... Every Child and Youth living life at their full potential
At Grandview Children’s Centre, we provide paediatric assessment, treatment, rehabilitation services and specialized programs, services and supports to children and youth with communication, physical and developmental needs and their families. We are dedicated to inspiring possibilities, fostering development, growth and personal achievement for the children and youth, their families and for our staff members. Our team-oriented approach supports our staff to collaborate, share ideas, and work with a variety of professional disciplines in a stimulating environment with an exceptional variety of opportunities in the field of paediatric rehabilitation.
If you are looking for a career that offers personal and professional rewards and makes a real difference and impacts the lives of others, then Grandview Children's Centre is the place for you! We are now accepting applications for the following position:
IT Systems Support Specialist
- 37.5 hours / week
- Contract - October 2020 to September 31, 2021
Under the direction of the Information Technology Managers, the Systems Support Specialist provides information technology (IT) support to end users and IT systems in a multi-site environment essential to the efficient operation of the Centre. As a systems support specialist, your duties may include, but not limited to, installing and upgrading software and hardware, support and maintenance of Exchange and SQL servers, adding or moving computer equipment, and assisting with software and operating system rollouts and patches. System support specialists also triage technical issues, responds to Help Desk requests, and document various IT support processes.
The IT Systems Support Specialist may be on-call to resolve urgent or critical issues outside of their normally scheduled work day.
- Post-Secondary education with a minimum of 5 + years related experience
- Exceptional experience with Microsoft Server Technologies (AD, Exchange, SQL, Terminal Services, SharePoint,) Virtualization experience in a Hyper-V environment.
- Thorough understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008 & 2016.
- Understanding of IT security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Understanding of server hardware and RAID systems
- Experience with WatchGuard firewalls or similar would be an asset
- Experience supporting a Mitel VoIP phone system would be an asset
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Superior time management, high level of accuracy with attention to detail, demonstrates proficiency in data entry. Well-developed conflict resolution, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills. Must be willing to travel between locations and have a reliable vehicle.
Please forward your resume, specifying “Systems Support Specialist – 19.113” to email@example.com :
Human Resources Manager, Grandview Children's Centre, 600 Townline Road South Oshawa, ON, L1H 0C8
Grandview is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Should an applicant require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. Preference will be given to candidates with similar recent experience.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.