Systems Navigator - Our Place Peel
COMPASSION • CREATIVE • CARING • COLLABORATIVE • DRIVEN
Through collaboration efforts from Peel Human Trafficking Service Provider Committee (PHTSPC) and the Region of Peel, Peel is opening a service HUB for victims and survivors of sexual exploitation. The goal is to improve access to services and supports for victims and survivors in one safe location.
Our Place Peel is leading the efforts and is seeking a highly organized, professional, and passionate Systems Navigator who is dependable and diligent in coordinating this initiative. This individual will provide process support, coordinate services and provide project management for the HUB.
The Systems Navigator will build strong relationships with community and committee partners in working collaboratively to address barriers and advocate for best practices and special considerations for victims and survivors of sexual exploitation in Peel. This is a concentrated effort to evaluate and improve access to services, foster HT system collaboration and address barriers to services.
- Manage, build and engage in collaborative partnerships with PHTSPC agencies and other partners as identified to drive the purpose, address gaps and create opportunities for service expansion.
- Supervise and coordinate services to maintain and develop the Peel Human Trafficking Care Path to ensure up-to-date services and supports are readily available for victims and survivors.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate committee meetings, task forces and planning tables with agencies to address gaps, barriers and/or issues impacting victims and survivors.
- Collaborate and support the Client Navigator and Female Mobile Support Team to address barriers and gaps.
- Facilitate the collection and reporting of data, outcomes, community stories and other relevant information, while maintaining up-to-date electronic files.
- Communicate information, reports, charts/tables, care path updates and important community events to partners.
- Supervise and lead employees in implementing goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree as well as a B.A. in Social Work, Community Development or a related service field.
- 3 years of experience working with marginalized populations (e.g. sexual exploitation) and diverse communities from an anti-oppressive framework.
- Experience in project management across the human services sector, supporting program development, community development and service delivery.
- Knowledge of laws and issues related to sexual exploitation, human trafficking, youth systems, impacts of trauma, mental health, etc.
- Strong knowledge of services for HT victims and survivors and the Social Service System in the Peel Region.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to engage and collaborate with service providers to advocate for support to survivors facing complex barriers
- Experience and knowledge of evaluation strategies, evaluation tools, and presentation/facilitation skills.
- Strong computer and database management skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Self-motivated and passionate about the mission and philosophy of Our Place Peel.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends at times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and car.
- This is a full-time, contract position ending December 23, 2022.
We are dedicated to providing an atmosphere free from barriers in order to promote equity, inclusivity and diversity. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all applicants and employees.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly engaged professional who is passionate about supporting youth. Please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking ‘apply now’ by August 14th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Our Place Peel.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.