Systems Analyst #2019-055 - Canadian Mental Health Association, York and South Simcoe
POSTING DATE: August 9, 2019
CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2019
Closing Date: August 23, 2019 | 4:00 pm
Permanent, Full-time, 35 Hours per Week, Evening Hours and Weekends may be required
Competition #: 2019-055
Our Mission: As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Our Organizational Values:
Client and Family Centered – through partnership, accountability and action
Culturally Competent – to provide the best service and work experience
Innovation – to bring value to our community
Team Values: Trust, Respect, Communication and Teamwork.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week + occasional evenings and weekends as required
Location: York Region and South Simcoe
The Systems Analyst is a key member of the Information Management & Technology team as we move towards the organization's digital transformation and innovation. They enjoy investigating how various technologies can support the needs of the organization, both short and long-term. They are practical in their solutions and are thoughtful in their approach to look at issues and opportunities for greater efficiencies. Secure, easy to use, easy to support, easy to administer and sustainable are attributes that are always uppermost in the mind of the analyst as various solutions (both hardware, software and cloud) are considered for implementation. The Systems Analyst is never satisfied with the status quo and is always trying to push beyond the conventional boundaries of technology. They are not afraid of exploring areas of technology that are new, foreign or unknown that may benefit the organization. They possess the core, hands-on technology skills to support, maintain and administer the various systems and applications of the organization.
In addition to compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, the incumbent is also expected to behave ethically, demonstrate competence in effective communication and team building, demonstrate effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate confidence in decision-making and in building relationships.
- Problem-solve, analyze, research, evaluate, present and recommend hardware and software solutions to prevent or resolve business issues and offer business process efficiencies.
- Manage and monitor the virtual environment, LAN/WLAN network infrastructure and software applications for issues, warnings, failures and apply appropriate fixes across a multi-site organization.
- Ensure that all hardware and software are secure with latest patches, upgrades and managed service/support contracts.
- Collaborate with other IT personnel to manage onboard, transfer and leave of staff, contractors, and students.
- Provision mobile phones, handsets, notebooks, desktops and tablets and printers for users.
- Manage phone systems.
- Use HelpDesk to manage and resolve tickets.
- Provide technical leadership for small to medium IM/IT projects.
- Responsible for planned and unplanned communication, changes, upgrades, fixes or enhancements to IT systems that may take place after normal business hours.
- Administer CRMS (a health information system), reporting, issue resolution and be a subject matter expert of the system.
- Administer PPM (Policy & Procedures)
- Provide technical support for Citrix.
- Provide technical support SharePoint and other Office365 applications.
- Administer or support various IT Systems as needed by working with contractors and other IT personnel.
- Provide technical support for Microsoft GP Dynamics.
- Use Asset Management to track IT assets.
- Engage with vendors, contractors, staff and colleagues in the healthcare space to build relationships, understand requirements, share ideas and deliver solutions.
- Manage vendor and contractor work to ensure deliverables are being met.
- Train other IT personnel and staff on IT systems, policies and procedures.
- Document network topology and IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all corporate training is completed as required.
- Able to work independently as required, track tickets, tasks and projects in an efficient manner
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a technical field such as Information Technology field.
- 5 years of technical experience managing a virtual environment (VMWare) in a multi-site organization.
- Management of WLAN and LAN networks (HP, Cisco), Active Directory, Citrix, Office 365, VPM, MPLS, SD-WAN, Phone Systems, VoIP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills when working with staff, IT personnel or vendors.
- Hands-on experience administering or supporting various business applications such as SharePoint, CRM, HRIS, Health Systems, ERP or equivalent.
- Experience leading the implementation, upgrade, and installation, fixes of hardware and software systems.
- Excellent problem-solver. Able to analyze issues and opportunities and offer solutions.
- Detail-oriented as it relates to documentation, following procedures, training staff, remediating and preventing issues.
This position reports to and is supervised by the Director of Information Management and Technology.
Working Conditions: Works extensively at a desk using a computer up to 7 hours a day, standard office setting, occasional weekend/evening hours may be required, occasional lifting of up to 15 pounds
In keeping with Mental Health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here
Why work for CMHA-York Region?
We are a team committed to our vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society. That means we respect that our clients are the experts in their recovery journey and that our role is to provide support, resources and opportunities based on their hopes and dreams. It means that we foster and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to create, implement, and sustain innovative, evidence based and transformational impact. We seek out and build partnerships, collaborate and share knowledge to be the most culturally competent team and fully integrated service delivery partner.
Our team cares for each other. We have our own team values of trust, respect, teamwork and communication. We hold ourselves accountable and we celebrate our wins. We risk, we learn and we take the opportunity to continuously improve our skills, the way we function as a team, and, ultimately, how we deliver services.
We are a team committed to Mental Health for all in York Region and South Simcoe and we are looking for committed, caring people like you! Join us and be part of providing great care in great communities!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link on this posting or visit the Career section of our website. Complete the application form and submit your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word) together as one (1) document / attachment in the Resume section, outlining how your experience matches our requirements, and addressing the Human Resources Department, quoting Competition # 2019-055.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome persons with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTTQ+, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca
Online: www.cmha-yr.on.ca, under CAREERS section.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that if you are currently active in another recruitment cycle, you will not be eligible for this position.