Support Facilitator - Montage Support Services
Montage Support Services is a leading service provider that offers innovative and individualized services that directly responds to the wishes, hopes, dreams and aspirations of each person living with us. Montage Support Services is committed to providing quality support to people with complex support needs. This is accomplished through a shared focus of families, staff and volunteers in promoting opportunities for individual growth in all aspects of a person’s life, ensuring dignity and respect.
Reporting to the Manager, you will:
- Support individuals in achieving their full potential by facilitating relationships, skills and roles which promote people’s participation as valued members of their community;
- Have an understanding of supporting individuals with complex support needs in a sensitive and respectful manner, in all areas of their lives;
- Participate in the Person Directed Planning process;
- Administer medication as required;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Assist in the work that is involved in daily home life;
- Be available to work pre-determined regularly scheduled shifts i.e. Monday through Sunday (including evenings and weekends)
- Advocating for Others; Collaboration; Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making; Fostering Independence in Others; Initiative; Interpersonal Relations & Respect; Resilience
- Related work experience in the Developmental/Social Services field.
- Valid Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate and valid CPR / First Aid required.
- A Diploma/Certificate in Developmental/Social Services field or a combination of relevant training / post-secondary education and work related experience.
- Knowledge of Community resources
- Valid Driver’s license (where required by location)
- Specialized training (where required by location, i.e. G-Tube)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance
- A current Police Reference Check which includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening required.