Support and Care Navigator - WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort is seeking Support and Care Navigators to join our fully integrated primary care/health promotion team!
Full time- Permanent Position.
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
Client Support and care:
- Act as part of the circle of care SCN supports clients with their care plans including Health Links
- Collaborates and delivers shared medical appointments and other wellbeing initiatives
- Collaborates and delivers health promotion, education, prevention, and CDSM workshops
- Conducts intake interviews to ensure that clients meet WellFort’s mandate
- Registers clients and collects socio economic demographic and other relevant information
- Conducts client assessments such as PHQ9’s, screenings, Coordinated Care Plans, etc
- Leads Client Advisory Committees, client engagement and feedback mechanisms
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to all eligible services
- Connects clients to appropriate community and social supports
- Provides a range of instrumental supports (forms, interpretation, and internal referrals)
- Initiates the discharge process and plans for clients as appropriate
- Maintains records, forms and electronic encounter data as required
- Ensures that the welcome area is safe, inviting and inclusive
- Provides back-up support for the front desk as required
- Provides clients with support services, e.g. external referrals and information regarding community services, shelters, government services, partner agencies; assists clients with access to items such as clothing, food and needle exchange
- Provides occasional accompaniment to services e.g. emergency room, specialist appointments, shelters or other agencies
- Provides information on internal and external resources as required
- Design and evaluate health promotion programs and activities to support clients and community members to make healthy lifestyle choices, while addressing issues that limit those choices and to enhance ability of vulnerable residents to function independently, improve or protect the environment and support the development of healthy public policy and practice.
- Supports the Health Promoter to identify and address local health and social issues that impact the health of Bramalea or Malton residents, through research
- Engage community groups and networks in support of community initiatives and represent WellFort at meetings with those groups.
- Represent WellFort at collaborative partnership meetings such as community health week, Peel Pride, cancer screening initiatives, etc.
- Identify assets and resources that can be used to build a healthier community
- Coordinate and align health promotion initiatives with delivery of community health education programs organization wide, including health education in primary and allied care and diabetes education.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Two years’ experience working for a community-based health and values based organization.
- Knowledge of relevant providers, their policies, and support networks in the Region of Peel.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with partner agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications
- Ability to speak languages relevant to Peel residents an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca or view our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9-ulQplpQ
Salary range $49,832 - $58,949 Comprehensive benefits package
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by August 18, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “SCN0819” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.