Supervisor, Daycare - Tropicana Community Services Organization
Job Title: Supervisor, Daycare
Position Type: Full time, Permanent, School Age Program
Location: John McCrae Public School-425 McCowan Road
Regular Hours: 8 hour shift between 7:00am – 6pm Monday-Friday
Extended Hours: Occasionally as needed, to maintain ratio
Affiliation: Non-Unionized Position
To manage & support the team of Early Childhood Educators with the daily operations of the day care center & to work collaboratively with community partners to ensure the health and safety of all children within the school age program. To ensure a high standard of quality care and compliance with The Early Years and Child Care Act.
Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Planning & Program Development-Develop the strategic internal plans to facilitate the effective implementation and efficient operations of the day care in accordance with the department’s and Ministry’s ’goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Day Care Team
- Develop, implement, and manage the program to ensure that the appropriate Ministry guidelines are followed, licensing requirements are met and program meets goals and objectives
- Develop and manages the curriculum design and implementation ensuring creativity, cultural-sensitivity and inclusively and age-appropriateness
- Represent interests and contributions of team members and makes recommendations regarding strategies to improve efficiency, for evaluation and for policies and procedures
Human Resources Management
Provides leadership and direction to the Day Care Team.
- Provide the supervision and direction to the day care staff inclusive of hiring, orientation, coaching, training, performance reviews, disciplining and recommending dismissal, according to established policies and procedures
- Coordinate the development of individual work plans to achieve the established unit goals and objectives
- Conduct annual performance reviews on direct report staff. Foster effective and efficient teamwork and communication systems
Assists in the development & monitoring of the program and operational budgets.
- Assist in developing and monitoring program and operational budgets
- Manage and informs others of funding schedules and allocates shared costs across program budgets that meet with funding requirements
- Prepares financial reports and submits to funders
- Manage the payment of claims and requests to funding bodies according to schedules
- Maintain enrolment and finds alternative resources as required in order to meet Ministry criteria
Implements monitoring systems to meet organization objectives.
- Implement evaluation mechanisms to monitor and evaluate the various programs
- Monitor activity levels for programs which have stated quantitative objectives and develops and submits reports
- Assess children’s aptitudes and preferences and solicits external advice/assistance where necessary
Develop positive links with public and private sector organizations to enhance the delivery of employment programs in the community and to establish partnerships with other service providers.
- Foster partnerships by maintaining excellent communication with staff at schools/YRDSB, parents and children, other day care providers and agencies serving the 6-12yrs population
- Represent Centre and Tropicana on relevant child care committees and at community functions and meetings
Provides administrative systems and reports to support the programs and funders.
- Provide administrative duties including maintaining accurate records and files for children and submit reports in a timely fashion to Children Services and Tropicana
- Develop and maintain effective record keeping and statistical collection mechanisms as mandated by the Ministry and provide relevant statistics as required
- Record employee hours, absences, sick and vacation time and forward for payroll processing
- Maintain updated list of supply staff who may be contacted for emergencies, staff holidays and illness
Skills & Qualifications:
- Early Childhood Education diploma
- Hold a RECE designation and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Have a minimum of 2 years recent full time experience working at a Supervisory Level within a childcare setting
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of The Early Years and Child Care Act and Operating Criteria
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Excellent problem-solving and inter-personal skills
- Basic Financial Management Skills
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft, PowerPoint and other software knowledge
- Current CPR Level-C and Standard First Aid certificates
External candidates are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, no later than 5:00 pm, Monday, May 31, 2021 to, https://tropicana.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=32
Tropicana Community Services is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all employees in a fair and equitable manner.