Supervisor, Autism Services – Urgent Response Services - Lumenus Community Services
Supervisor, Autism Services – Urgent Response Services
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
POSITION TYPE: Full-time Fixed-Term (37.5 hours/week; 12-month contract)
POSTING CLOSING DATE: November 30, 2023
Interested in working with an amazing team that really cares? Then you should join Lumenus! At Lumenus we illuminate a seamless pathway to optimal wellbeing for our clients. As one of the largest mental health agencies in Ontario, we offer a broad range of high-quality mental health, developmental and community services for infants, children, youth, individuals, and families across Toronto. We are a passionate, dynamic and growing agency. We offer a competitive salary, employer paid benefits, ongoing training, and career development opportunities!
Lumenus Community Services is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free and we encourage applications from all individuals including, but not limited to, all cultures, religions, racialized communities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
Lumenus Community Services is looking to hire a Manager, Autism Services as part of its community-based Urgent Response Service team. This team will support children and youth with autism and their families with an identified urgent need to prevent further escalation of risk or harm to a child or youth, other people or property based on the identification of key high-risk factors. The Manager, Autism Services leads and supervises a team of therapists delivering behaviour services based on Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). They ensure effective operation of Autism Services through clinical supervision and support for clients and their families in matters related to behavioural interventions at home and in the community.
As a member of the Lumenus Management Team, the Supervisor/Manager, Autism Services is responsible for implementing and monitoring the Agency’s Autism Services strategic plan as it relates to the program’s purpose and is responsible for the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
- Conduct functional and behavioural assessments
- Develop and /or approve individual treatment programs for children and youth
- Design and write clinical programs
- Participate in the treatment planning process
- Conduct supervision of direct service delivery in the community
- Ensure the clinical program is delivered according to prescribed standards of service and clinical practice
- Provide training for parents related to behavioural intervention at home and in the community
- Train, coach, supervise and evaluate Therapists
- Support ongoing training and professional development of Therapists
- Contribute to effective cross-sector linkages
- Carry out administrative functions in support of service delivery
- Provide administrative supervision to a team of Therapists, hire staff, and provide coaching
- Monitor performance standards and complete ongoing learning plans and performance appraisals
- Participate in, and contribute to, the Centre’s Leadership and Management functions
- Ensures adherence to professional standards of service consistent with legislative requirements, directives and expectations of funders and Autism partnership.
- Prepare and submit accurate, timely service statistics as required.
- Ensure service targets are met (ISPs completed, clients served, direct service hours and positive clinical outcomes for clients) and informs Program Director of strategies to address obstacles to meeting these as they present.
- Completes serious occurrence reports in a timely manner and monitors incident reports; follows the current Ministerial Guidelines in reporting serious occurrences, sensitive case reviews, duty to report guidelines and training staff.
- Ensures that program support staff is providing effective administrative support.
- Ensures adherence to agency policies and procedures and practices.
- Completes and signs-off time sheets and approves service related expenses for staff.
- Schedules and deploys staff ensuring coverage for sickness, vacations, professional development, etc.
- Receives and reviews résumés from HR, conducts interviews for prospective hires, and participates in initial offers to candidates along with support from HR.
- Implements relevant program evaluation processes that ensure the program is meeting expected outcomes.
- Master’s degree in psychology or related field with current clinical expertise and knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 2+ years work experience in the provision of ABA to children and youth with autism, or relevant experience
- Must possess Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) certification in good standing
- Must have a thorough understanding of principles and conceptual issues of ABA
- Knowledge of communication assistive software applications is an asset (Pro-loquo2go)
- Experience in supervising employees is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and administrative skills
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Fluency in more than one language is considered an asset and proficiency in French is preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in respectful interactions with others and address situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds and lived experiences
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Screening process
- Must be able to work flexible hours as working evenings and weekends is required
- Able to support treatment in home or in community settings
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to visit our website at https://lumenus.ca/careers/ and submit their cover letter and resume through our Career Centre on or before November 30, 2023.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Lumenus believes that immunization against COVID-19 is an individual and societal responsibility and that we must do everything possible to protect our clients, families, employees, students, volunteers and contractors against the spread of COVID-19. As a condition of employment, proof of full vaccination or exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code must be submitted to Human Resources seven (7) calendar days prior to start date.