Student Recruitment & Services Representative - Contact North | Contact Nord
STUDENT RECRUITMENT & SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – Madoc
Competition # 21-22-MADO
Reporting to the Online Learning Recruitment Officer, the Student Recruitment & Services Representative position is based out of our Madoc online learning centre. The successful candidate will:
- Actively support the Online Learning Recruitment Officer (OLRO) to recruit students by responding to e-mail and telephone inquiries at the online learning centre, booking appointments for the OLRO and supporting the OLRO in other recruitment activities as needed.
- Directly recruit students in the community following the standard recruitment process and build local community partnerships to act as referral sources as requested by the OLRO and within parameters set by the OLRO.
- Prepare and maintain the online learning centre to support students using the centre.
- Provide technical support to students using the learning technologies and computer workstations at the online learning centre and accessing the web conferencing platform from home.
- Enter and update complete and accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM) tool ensuring all required fields are populated on a daily and ongoing basis and record data on Requests for Services responded to at the online learning centre each Friday afternoon.
- Coordinate logistics and supervise examinations at the online learning centre in accordance with the Examination Policy and Procedures.
- Provide support and technical services to students studying from home.
- A Secondary School Diploma with preference given to those with a post-secondary credential in a related field such as office administration, business administration, executive assistant.
- 1-3 years customer service experience in fields such as retail, call centre, banks/insurance companies.
- 1-3 years experience in a sales position, such as retail, call centre, business sales, banks/insurance companies.
- The ability to function verbally and in writing in both English and French (bilingual) is considered an asset.
- Experience with, or a willingness, to learn to use a variety of learning technologies such as audio, video and web conferencing.
- Able to take full responsibility for key assigned areas of student services process while working with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous data entry experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of online learning.
- Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students, faculty/instructors, local host and other community stakeholders.
Compensation: $15.39 per hour including vacation pay and statutory holiday pay
Requirements: The successful applicant must be willing to provide a current Criminal Record Check (including the vulnerable sector screen)
Hours of work: Part-time, flexible hours, which may include evening and weekends based on the online learning centre’s requirements
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and electronic résumé, complete with two to three employment references, quoting Job Competition # 21-22-MADO in the subject line of the e-mail. This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED, please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.