Student Recruiter - Eastern Ontario - Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
Student Recruiter - PSI
Eastern Ontario Region (Ottawa to Kingston)
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
We protect the public. We advance our profession. We guide our CPAs. We ensure that our 92,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and leadership. cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a motivated Student Recruiter for the Eastern Ontario Region (Ottawa to Kingston, plus a few northern schools) to assist in attracting new students to the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) program by building strong relationships with students and faculty, and promoting these programs by holding regular events on campus at designated universities and colleges. The position supports the Post-Secondary Institution (PSI) Manager, Student Recruitment within the province, with the aim of advancing brand awareness initiatives and prospecting/recruitment activities. The role also supports the Workforce Managers and High School Team Lead in activities supporting recruitment of prospects in the workforce and in high school.
- Acts as the “face of CPA Ontario student recruitment” regionally through various events promoting the brand/designation
- Meet with individual PSI student prospects and PSI business club executives to review the key elements of programs and sponsorships, and maximize segment presence
- Develop and maintain strong, preferred relationships with key influencers at PSIs, including students, faculty and staff members, career centres, business clubs, etc.
- Conduct prospecting activities such as leading information sessions, networking events, career fairs, one-on-one meetings and other market penetration initiatives to promote the program and network to market the brand
- Deliver presentations to employers, career changers and career enhancers in the workforce and to high school audiences on occasion
- Develop and deliver a variety of recruitment initiatives such as presentations, planning and executing large-scale events, managing events for the Post-Secondary Ambassador Program (PSAP), identifying and recommending sponsorship opportunities, and securing CPA volunteers
- Coordinate event logistics, guest speakers, registration, promotions, and collaborate with other departments to execute events, projects, and associated marketing materials
- Meet with prospective CPA students to provide advisement
- Meet and track prospect, program, and event targets
- Hire, direct, manage, and evaluate the activities of the Board of Ambassadors (BoA) - on-campus student reps - in the region
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration
- Demonstrated relevant work experience preferred (e.g. recruitment, business development, marketing, communications, public relations, etc.)
- Understanding of the CPA designation to effectively communicate the steps and requirements to obtaining the designation is highly preferred. Training will be provided on the designation and curriculum
- High degree of professionalism, with strong influencing and negotiating skills, and demonstrated business acumen required
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, public speaking, presentation development, and communication skills required
- Ability to persuade and influence others required
- Self-directed and motivated; performance and results-driven
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with in-depth experience in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and web applications required
- Knowledgeable in the area of corporate work environments and university and college education systems in Ontario
- Proven ability to plan, organize, implement, and execute projects according to established business plans with the capability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously, and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- The position requires the candidate to have a home office
- This position requires regular travel within Ontario. The candidate must have their own car for transportation and a valid driver’s license. The position is responsible for carrying presentation equipment, collateral and other material to events.
- Must be available for travel and attend events that may be outside of regular business hours
How to Apply:
Please click here to apply for this opportunity by submitting your cover letter and resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.