Student Life & Leadership Coordinator - Selwyn House
Student Life & Leadership Coordinator (full-time)
Selwyn House School is an independent school for 540 boys (K-11) in Westmount, Quebec. We support our students and staff, and reward their efforts as well as their achievements. Our community is one in which students can build confidence and self-discipline, appreciate their responsibilities to others and themselves, and find joy in learning.
We are looking for professionals to join our dedicated, energetic staff who teach our courses, coach our teams, supervise our activities, and communicate openly and regularly with parents. Our programs challenge boys mentally and physically, while stressing a respect for honesty and fair play, and a tolerance of the ideas of others. If this sounds like the kind of team you would like to join:
Reports to: The Director of Experiential Education
Position Summary: The Student Life & Leadership Coordinator supports and implements student-centered projects, events and activities in Middle and Senior School (Grades 7-11). The coordinator facilitates engaging and meaningful co-curricular programs that are anchored in the school’s vision: Selwyn Veritas. The coordinator works within the department of experiential education, and in close collaboration with the heads of each school (elementary, middle and senior). The coordinator also collaborates with various organizations and partners in community engagement activities.
- Bachelor of Education or related field;
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Successful prior experience organizing student activities and programming in a school setting is preferred;
- Ability to collaborate with, motivate, and lead students and staff in programming that brings the community together;
- High level of proficiency in Google Suite applications and a tech savvy mindset to respond to the needs of the job;
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is an integral member of the Experiential Education department and contributes to the evolving growth and direction of responsibilities, programming ideas and vision;
- Facilitates meetings, activities and programming with Prefects, House Heads and other student leaders. This includes guiding and supervising all student-led initiatives;
- Coordinates weekly assemblies, opening and closing of the year activities, theme weeks and student clubs and committees as needed;
- Teaches leadership theory and skills in various classes to develop strong student leaders with the possibility of offering leadership course options;
- Leads peer tutoring, the Big Brother program and the student/staff Diversity and Inclusion committee;
- Organizes most grad related events and activities; including graduation weekend, the graduation trip and apparel;
- Attends and coordinates participation in student leadership conferences and camps (including the Grade 10 Leadership Retreat week off campus);
- Collaborates with the Director of Experiential Education and the Assistant to the department in community engagement programming, especially as it relates to student-led activities such as mini-fundraisers and community service;
- Works closely with the Heads of each school to develop scaffolded leadership and future-ready skills;
- Develops meaningful programming with other schools as needed.
- Pay above public sector
- Pension plan participation
- Group insurance benefits (Health, dental, LTD and life)
- Meals included (Lunches, breakfast items, coffee)
- Access to gym and workout facilities
- Opportunities for professional development
- (Conferences, workshops, university tuition reimbursement)
- Potential for permanence after two contract years
Please submit your CV by June 30th 2021 via the Apply button.