Strategic Operations Officer - Canadian Centre for Ethics and Corporate Policy
The EthicsCentre is a registered charity governed by volunteers and supported by organizations and individuals who share a commitment to ethical values. Our mission is to champion the application of ethical values in the decision-making process of business and other organizations and we serve as a forum and catalyst for constructive discussion and debate. The Ethics Centre is at a stage in its growth where innovation in program delivery is needed and we are looking for a contract individual to help with this.
The Strategic Operations Officer is a self-motivated individual with not for profit experience. The successful candidate is a creative, self-motivated problem solver who thrives in ambiguous environments. The successful candidate is also flexible enough to enjoy doing many different things and need not be a specialist in one particular area.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Assist with the strategic planning for the Centre, including developing innovative ideas to revive our operating model (i.e. moving away from in-person events);
- Assist with planning and execution of events;
- Work with Board members to define a new revenue model, including membership fees;
- Pursue new and follow up on existing membership fees, including collection of fees and retention of members;
- Develop/pitch fundraising ideas or service offerings that enable the Centre to rely on another source of revenue in addition to memberships;
- Facilitate communications of the Centre through social media, website and newsletter channels;
- Assist with developing new marketing ideas or efficient ways to revive content on the Centre’s website; and
- Complete monthly secretarial tasks supporting the Board.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Background in development and fundraising
- Experience in Marketing & Communications
- Excellent writing skills
This is not a full time position – the time commitment is at least 2 days of work per week.
Please submit applications to the attention of Kerry Robbins: firstname.lastname@example.org