Stewardship Officer - JDRF
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
We’re currently seeking a Stewardship Officer to join our newly formed Leadership Giving Operations team. This team provides the tools, streamlined processes and support to our fundraising teams, allowing them to deepen relationships with constituents and generate maximum financial support for JDRF.
The newly created position of Stewardship Officer reports to the National Manager, Leadership Giving Operations and will work closely with the Development team across Canada to oversee gift acknowledgement, donor recognition, stewardship and donor engagement activities.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Create, write and edit timely and meaningful donor communications and research updates at various levels within the major, mid-level, and annual programs
- Working in partnership with the Chief Scientific Officer and Marketing departments, manage and execute impact and stewardship reporting for donors
- Initiate individualized donor recognition plans based on gift levels, and unique needs, ensuring that all donors are recognized appropriately
- Ensure that details of donor recognition plans are compiled, communicated, and executed with all involved parties, including implementation of designated gifts
- Coordinate the recognition and naming activities associated with gift agreements
- Working with Account Managers, implement a donor recognition matrix to ensure the right processes, tools and structures are in place to strengthen long term relationships with all donors
- Recommend opportunities for cultivation and stewardship to heighten the engagement of donors and potential donors
- Working with the Donor Relations Coordinator, ensure accuracy of gift agreements and thank you letters to donors, updating thank you letter templates regularly
- Ensure that details from gift agreements are tracked and entered in database
- Execute and track an enhanced, simplified, thank you call process
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong experience in written communications
- Knowledge of major gifts fundraising
- Ability to articulate the mission and goals of JDRF to the community at large
- Strong operational skills, with the ability to work together with staff to achieve success
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with proven interpersonal savvy and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
- Flexible availability to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors
- A Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Location: Greater Toronto Area (office is located at 600-235 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, ON); flexibility on location outside of the GTA but elsewhere in Canada may be provided. All JDRF staff are currently working from home until further notice (due to Covid-19 related health precautions).
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day, we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online. This position will remain posted until filled.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.