Stewardship Coordinator - World Vision Canada
Position: Stewardship Coordinator
Reports To: Manager, Campaign
Position Term: Full Time Permanent
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Location: Remote for the near future (Within Canada)
The Stewardship Coordinator will play an integral role in creating, executing, and continuously improving a stewardship program to support World Vision Canada’s capital campaign and ongoing major gifts fundraising efforts. The Stewardship Coordinator will contribute to building lifelong philanthropic relationships with key World Vision Canada donors by ensuring that all donors are thanked, recognized, and stewarded in meaningful ways that deepen engagement and inspire them to give again.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Playing a key role in building and implementing a stewardship program to support World Vision Canada’s capital campaign and ongoing major gifts fundraising efforts.
- Working with the Philanthropy Engagement team to develop and execute recognition and stewardship plans for every campaign and major donor that are adapted to the donor’s preferences and executed in ways that educate and encourage other donors to give.
- Ensuring that all donors and gifts are accurately recorded and tracked in CRM and all campaign counting systems and that Gift Agreements accurately capture all recognition and stewardship expectations for every gift.
- Working with the Philanthropy Engagement team, campaign leadership and other staff and volunteer leadership to coordinate the thank you process for all gifts through activities that will include but not be limited to thank-you letters, calls, videos, and meetings.
- Executing stewardship strategies on behalf of Philanthropy Engagement including the writing of thank you letters, coordination of calls from the CEO or Vice-President, set up of calls with the field partners through programs, mailing of stewardship gifts etc.
- Working with the Philanthropy Enablement coordinator to ensure an inventory of stewardship gifts are in stock including but not limited to a variety of books, and gifts from the field.
- Ensuring that all gifts are appropriately recognized through gift announcements, donor listings and other activities.
- The development and management of an inventory of physical, digital, and relational recognition opportunities for campaign and annual major gifts. This will also involve establishing and managing. recognition societies for World Vision Canada major donors, in coordination with the Planned Giving Advisor, where appropriate.
- Acting as the project coordinator of the impact reporting process for each campaign/major gift by coordinating with Philanthropy Engagement Advisors, the Strategic Philanthropy Writer and the Product Alignment and Programs teams as necessary to ensure timely delivery of accurate and compelling stewardship reports that communicate how the donor’s gift was used to impact the lives of children, families, and communities.
- Participating as an active member of the Philanthropy & Partnership business unit.
- Performing other tasks as requested.
- Minimum of 5 years in a fundraising environment, with experience working as part of a team to manage donor relationships, ideally in a capital campaign environment.
- Previous Stewardship or Donor Relations experience is needed.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging best practices in recognition, stewardship, and donor engagement.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills with demonstrated ability for accuracy, attention to detail and working with confidential information.
- Strategic writing skills to assist with stewardship communications.
- Strong collaborator who excels at working cross-functionally to achieve results.
- Ability to track and effectively manage multiple priorities within interdependent timelines.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with senior leaders and at all levels of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and cloud-based technologies such as SharePoint or. Experience with applications like Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, BI Dashboards, or other database systems would be an asset.
- Members of AFP Canada and individuals who have achieved or are working towards a CFRE designation are preferred.