Staff Lawyer - Migrant Workers Centre
Migrant Workers Centre (MWC) is seeking a Staff Lawyer to provide legal advice and representation in the areas of immigration and/or employment law to a clientele of migrant workers, including in-home caregivers, agricultural workers, and other low-wage workers, who face numerous barriers to accessing justice. The Staff Lawyer will play a leadership role in overseeing MWC’s legal advocacy program, and will also have the opportunity to contribute to broader systemic change through test case litigation, law and policy reform work, and public legal education.
MWC is a non-profit organization dedicated to legal advocacy for migrant workers in BC. Founded in 1986, MWC facilitates access to justice for migrant workers through the provision of pro bono legal assistance and education. MWC also works to advance fair immigration policy and improved labour standards for migrant workers through law and policy reform and test case litigation.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Current member or eligible for membership of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Demonstrated experience in immigration law and/or employment law
- Contextual knowledge of issues pertaining to migrant workers’ rights
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced legal clinic environment
- Knowledge of a second language would be considered an asset
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email only to email@example.com. Please quote “Staff Lawyer Position” in your email subject line.
MWC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from equity-seeking groups to apply. If you belong to one of these groups, we encourage you to self-identity in your cover letter.