SOPA Online Employment Specialist - Catholic Centre for Immigrants, Ottawa
The Catholic Centre for Immigrants has been serving refugees and immigrants for 65 years. We provide programs and services to approximately 4,500 newcomers every year. The mission is to help all newcomers realize their full potential in Canada and to build a more welcoming community. We help newcomers with housing, transportation, education, health, language, making connections in their new community and more. We provide services in person and online. Please visit cciottawa.ca for a full overview of our work.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the SOPA Online Employment Specialist is responsible for planning and delivering employment counselling, providing career exploration, facilitating employment-related workshops, and assisting SOPA clients in their search for appropriate employment in Canada.
This position reports to: Program Manager
Employment status: Full-time, indeterminate
Hourly rate: $25.73 - $28.96
Start date: September 21, 2020
Deadline date to apply: August 6, 2020
Open to: Internal and external candidates
Location: 219 Argyle Avenue
- Provide individual online employment counselling and follow-up sessions as appropriate.
- Refer clients to appropriate programs, according to their career goals.
- Conduct outreach activities with potential employers.
- Plan and facilitate pre-employment workshops and groups sessions as needed.
- Work with clients on active job development and making connections to employment opportunities.
- Support the development and maintenance of employment and career resources.
- Maintain current information on available training opportunities and education programs that would enhance client employability.
- Maintain current information on labour market trends in Canada, and the job search needs of new Canadians.
- Maintain familiarity with international accreditation processes in all relevant occupational/professional fields.
- Liaise with other service agencies.
- Maintain accurate data, service records and program documentation.
- Other duties assigned by Manager.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years of experience in employment and career counselling service delivery.
- Experience facilitating workshops and group sessions.
- Knowledge of issues related to newcomers, immigration issues, and employment.
- Knowledge of activities, programs and community organizations that service immigration populations in Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience delivering services online is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, culturally diverse team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or another language is an asset.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than August 6, 2020. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Catholic Centre for Immigrants (CCI) is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. CCI is committed to employment equity and encourages candidates to self-identify as visible minorities; people from culturally diverse backgrounds; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; Indigenous peoples; and persons with disabilities.