Social Worker, RTHP - Massey Centre for Women
Massey Centre (“the Centre”) is an award-winning, accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre that is a multi-service, non-profit, unionized, community agency located in the east end of Toronto. The Centre is committed to nurturing empowerment, independence and growth for young pregnant and parenting women, children and families in a non-judgmental, inclusive environment by providing a residential care and treatment program; supportive transitional housing; on-site high school program, community housing support and referral services; and maternal infant mental health programs and services. We do this by working collaboratively as a multi-disciplinary team with community partners to provide holistic programs and support that respond to mental health, education and transitional needs. The Centre also operates an EarlyON Child and Family Centre and an Early Learning Centre. All the programs and services are open to families, young women and their children living in the broader community.
The Social Worker contributes to the achievement of the Centre’s mission, vision, strategic directions and objectives, and works within their full scope of practice as part of a multidisciplinary team, and within the context of a client-centred Children’s Mental Health Centre environment.
The Social Worker will work collaboratively with an inter-disciplinary team of program staff to build therapeutic relationships with pregnant and parenting adolescents and their infants/children, conduct life skills, attachment and child development assessments, develop plans of care, deliver interventions, programs and make appropriate internal or community referrals.
Position: Social Worker, RTHP
Term: Permanent Full-time
Rate of Pay: $50,844.31 per annum
Department: Residential and Transitional Housing Program
Reports to: Supervisor, Integrated Residential and Transitional Housing Program
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) or equivalent
- Registered Social Worker (RSW) and member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the mental health/social services field, including recent experience in adolescent, infant and early childhood mental health counseling and case management
- Demonstrated excellence in current assessment, psychotherapy, and psychosocial counselling techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential and transitional housing, mental health care facilities and community support systems, service and agencies
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor, measure and evaluate treatment, education, counselling and health promotion programs/services outcomes for individuals, couples, families and the community
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
- Experience in working with diverse, marginalized and street involved pregnant teens and young mothers.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of infant mental health, brief treatment approaches with trauma informed approaches, Interpersonal Psychotherapy and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child and Family Services Act, Mental Health Act and other relevant legislations; experience in attending or contributing towards court cases, report writing an asset
- The Social Workers in the Residential and Transitional Housing Programs will share the client caseloads and provide backup coverage for each other.
- Shift work or rotated shifts with occasional overtime
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Physical demands light
Closing Date: October 26, 2020; 5:00 p.m.The Centre offers a dynamic work environment and career advancement opportunities. The successful candidate must have a negative criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Massey Centre’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make your needs known in advance.
Massey Centre encourages applications from persons who represent the diverse populations we serve.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume by the closing date to:
1102 Broadview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 2S5
Email: email@example.com (please quote "Social Worker, RTHP" in the subject line)
We thank all applicants, however, only those we select for interview will be contacted.