Social Worker/Psychotherapist - The Regional Municipality of Durham
Reporting to the Area Manager, the successful candidate will provide individual, family, couple and group therapy as the Social Worker/Psychotherapist.
The incumbent will:
- Provide counselling/psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families
- Analyze and assess the needs of clients to determine individual case plans and appropriate counseling
- Formulate and implement treatment plans utilizing applicable resources and establishing suitable timeframes for achievement of goals
- Evaluate the treatment of services seeking feedback from clients to determine overall effectiveness and recommend appropriate alterations to ensure optimal outcomes
- Develop and present interactive educational wellness seminars to internal and external agencies targeting the specific needs of the particular group
- Maintain confidential clinical records of treatment contacts and assessment information for report management purposes utilizing tact and discretion at all times
- Provide consultation to other Departments of the Region and to community agencies, professionals, and community groups and represent the Social Services Department and the Family Services Division on committees within the Region and externally.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as providing coverage on an as needed basis for Primary Care Outreach Program, and being on call for Critical Incident Response Services
**This position is required to work 3 day shifts (9:00am-5:00pm) and 2 evening shifts (1:00pm-9:00pm) every week. These days are scheduled by the manager to fit business needs.**
The successful applicant will possess:
- A completed Master's Degree in a Social Work program or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of experience post Master's Degree, providing individual, couple and family counselling/psychotherapy. A combination of a Master's level education and several years experience providing individual, couple and family counselling/psychotherapy will be considered
- Belong to or be eligible to register with relevant professional Colleges (ie. College of Register Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO), and/or Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), and/or College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO) in the Associate category)
- Extensive knowledge of various individual, couple and family intervention models and best practices working with different populations and concerns
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with clients and other professionals
- Demonstrated skills in analysis of systemic issues impacting individuals and ability to work with complex issues and trauma
- Ability to manage client crisis and engage in suicide risk assessment and intervention
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and individually with community agencies
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Experience with training/teaching in one or more areas of mental health, family-life education, or organizational support and development deemed an asset
- A Valid Ontario Class 'G' Driver's Licence
CUPE 1764-04 Wage Rates
This position will be paid at the following hourly rates:
- Start: $45.10 - 1 Year: $47.60 - 2 Year: $50.11
Conditions of Employment
Prior to the start date, the successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated within two (2) months from date of hire. Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will also be collected.
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Recruiter will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region’s Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham