Social Worker - Kinark Child and Family Services
Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario which provides a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism and Forensic Mental Health/Youth Justice.
Want to help children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
We currently have an opportunity for:
Position Title: SAYC Social Worker
Program Lists: Kinark Child & Family Services -> Syl Apps Youth Centre
Location: Oakville, ON L6H 1M3 CA (Primary)
Temporary End Date
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Other Employee Classification (if applicable)
Total # of hours per week: 35
# of Positions: 1
As a Social Worker, you will provide individual, family and group therapy to adolescents with complex mental health needs and high risk behaviour in secure detention/custody, secure treatment or under the purview of the Ontario Review Board. Other responsibilities include, case management, liaising with community agencies, (i.e. school, police, probation services),and working as part of an interprofessional team. This position is covered by Ontario Public Service Employees Union and its Local 213.
- Minimum Master of Social Work degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ related work experience in a children’s mental health setting.
- Current member in good standing with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- You will have demonstrated individual, family and group therapy skills acquired through your related work experience. You will also have extensive experience working with residential treatment teams, preferably with an adolescent population.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in working with adolescents with serious mental health issues, including violent and aggressive behavior is required
- Strong clinical skills and excellent case management abilities.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and gender responsive program experience would be considered assets.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.