Social Media Volunteer - Hospice Toronto
Hospice Toronto is a prominent, not for profit organization that, for more than 30 years, has provided in-home, fully trained volunteers to support those with life-ending illnesses. In our history, we have supported the needs of more than 11,000 clients in the GTA, enabling them to add life to their days while staying in the comfort of their home.
Hospice Toronto is seeking the volunteer assistance of individuals with experience in, and a passion for social media. Working with the Clinical Director, these volunteers would help to design and implement a social media strategy that would effectively engage members of our community through various digital channels. The strategy would increase awareness of Hospice Toronto and what we do, appeal for donations and recruit volunteers to support our mission.
Working with staff and other volunteers, these volunteers would create content and make recommendations for Hospice Toronto's social media platforms. This commitment would require approximately four hours per week, and could be completed at home or in the Hospice Toronto office near Yonge and Eglinton.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Educational background in communications or marketing, with a focus on digital media
- Professional experience in deploying social media strategies and creating clear content that tells stories effectively and motivates followers to take action
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Experience establishing social partnerships, as well an expanding reach and engagement
- Understanding of basic metrics and analysis of social media impact, to help identify ways to grow
- Experience working or volunteering in a not-for-profit or health care environment would be a strong asset
- Experience managing social media for events would be an asset
If you are interested in really making a difference in the lives of others and can offer some of your valuable time, we’d love to speak to you.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your e-mail or cover letter, please include one strength of Hospice Toronto's existing social media content, and one way you can help us improve our online presence.