Social Media Team Lead - Meagan's Walk: Creating a Circle of Hope
Meagan’s Walk Volunteer Opportunity
Position: Social Media Team Lead
Meagan’s Walk: Creating a Circle of Hope is a community based and volunteer driven organization committed to:
- sharing a message of hope
- increasing public awareness about brain tumours and the devastating effects they have on children and their families
- raising funds for research into paediatric brain tumours.
Since its inception in 2002 Meagan’s Walk has raised more than $5 million for ground-breaking research and is having global impact on the care of and outcomes for young brain tumour patients around the world.
Volunteers are crucial to the success of Meagan’s Walk and its daily operations.
The Social Media Team Lead will be a member of the Communications Team and will be responsible for maintaining Meagan’s Walk presence on social media through regular posting of current and brand consistent postings and for providing leadership to the Social Media Team.
- Collaborate with the Communications Lead to build a social media strategy and calendar.
- Create, edit and publish content based on calendar plan.
- Co-ordinate the activities of and provide leadership and coaching to team members for the creation and publishing of social media content for their assigned activities and events.
- Monitor platforms and provide regular reporting / insights into followers and engagement activity
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations and implement strategies that will increase Meagan’s Walk’s social media presence.
- Organize, develop the agenda for and chair meetings with the Social Media Team members on a regularly scheduled basis and as required to facilitate information sharing, issue resolution, action planning and the exchange of new ideas. Ensure that minutes from meetings are recorded.
- Attend and actively participate in Communication Team meetings and other meeting forums as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms and engagement strategies
- Excellent written communication skills
- Collaborative working style
- Leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Reports to: Communications Team Lead
Time commitment: on-going, 3 - 5 hours per week
Location: Work can be completed remotely
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com. Please include Social Media Team Lead in the subject line of your email.
We thank all interested applicants. Please be advised that only those selected for interview will be contacted.