Social Media/Public Relations Co-ordinator (Internship) - Hospital Workers' Cooperative Housing
Student Internship Opportunity!
About us - Who are We?
Hospital Workers’ Housing Co-operative Inc. (HWHC) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1992 by a number of frontline healthcare workers in Toronto with the aim of providing an affordable housing option for Torontonians. HWHC is currently on a mission to make play accessible for youth, children, and adults through an initiative called Play4All - Merton Project. We strongly believe in prioritizing mental and physical health in our community and aim to prove this through Play4All – Merton Project.
Currently, there is one unpaid part-time internship opportunity available within this organization: Social Media/Public Relations Coordinator. Please see below for information on each position. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants to email a copy of your resume (required) and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application and having you join as part of our amazing and diverse team!
While this is a position that would be perfect for students or individuals looking to gain entry level experience, all qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply!
Social Media/Public Relations Coordinator (10-15 hrs/week)
6 Month Contract
The successful incumbent will be responsible for building and maintaining an interactive social media presence on various social media platforms. This person will report to the Committee Chair and/or Fundraising Coordinator. The successful incumbent must be creative, inventive, and work well independently. We are looking for a go-getter who is driven and takes initiative!
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Managing and maintaining the organization’s social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Creating interesting and exciting content for social media users that relate to and promote the company’s current project
- Developing a presence in different online communities, spaces, and forums
- Promoting the organization’s mission and spreading awareness of different upcoming events
- Identifying new strategies for online engagement
- Remaining up to date with the latest trends and social media practices
- Attending events held by the organization to take photos and spread awareness online \
- Networking with third party companies and organizations
- Growing our online social media presence
- Must have superb organizational skills so as to provide daily reports to Committee Chair or Fundraising Coordinator on tasks completed
Requirements & Qualifications
- Extensive experience with social media and internet navigation
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Minimum grade 9 high school completed
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have confidence to ask questions when feeling unsure about a task
Please note, this position can be done remotely however the successful applicant must be able to attend all organization-held events as the successful applicant will be responsible for taking photos and posting relevant photos on social media.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or would like to apply, please email your resume (required) and cover letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure to SPECIFY WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR in the email subject line.
We look forward to having you join our team!
To learn more about us visit: www.Play4AllMertonProject.Org