SOCIAL MEDIA MANGER -VOLUNTEER - The Federation of Ontario Law Associations (FOLA)
Are you looking for a way to prove yourself in the Marketing/Public Relations/Communications world? We have an open door waiting for you to walk through!
Do you have aspirations of becoming a social media/online marketing expert? Are you interested in creating and designing unique social media content (including graphics) for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn?
Maybe you’re in school thinking about Law School or are already in law school and want something extra on your resume for when you start to apply for articling positions? Or maybe you’re in between jobs and thinking about going into marketing. Then the Federation of Ontario Law Associations (FOLA) wants to have you on our team!
You must be able to work independently, have impeccable writing skills (all communications are in English), and take feedback well.
You must have You also must be able to quickly develop a keen lens by which to filter news related to the legal community and only promote content that is relevant to practicing lawyers within Ontario.
Also important is the ability to track and report on all online analytics and prepare monthly activity reports. You may be asked to help build surveys on Survey Monkey (content to be provided).
The position is unpaid and will be for one (1) term of four (4) months or two (2) terms of eight (8) months – depending on your interest. And while the Executive Director of the organization (with whom you'll be working most closely) is based in Toronto, you could work from anywhere in the province.
Please send your resume, writing samples (if possible), personal or professional social media links, and a cover letter that outlines your interest in this role to Katie at email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and manage the day to day running of social media accounts
- Develop social media plans and manage a social content calendar
- Create content with intriguing titles accompanied by eye-catching images
- Create and implementing social media marketing strategies and tactics
- Track and report on account-specific analytics and report stats (monthly and quarterly) to the ED
- Monitor and respond to social media activities on a regular basis and build relationships with new and existing audiences – in a courteous, professional and service oriented manner.
- Build relationships with bloggers, influencers and brands
- Brainstorming on how to improve FOLA's social media content
- Post frequently throughout conferences (making note to tag speakers/presenters/sponsors) & make good use of appropriate hashtags
- Able to learn and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Be open to feedback and guidance to improve and grow
What FOLA offers you:
- Mentorship-like relationships within our Executive Director
- Ability to set own hours and work from home
- Suggestions on how to translate learned skills into real-world solutions
- Opportunities to attend industry-related events
- Opportunity for a leadership role with ownership over your successes while assisting FOLA
- Gain knowledge and understanding of online audiences
- Opportunity for growth
Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong attention to detail
- Digital marketing experience
- Proficiency in all social channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must
- Able to take direction and feedback accordingly and openly
- Self - starter/ Strong multi-tasker
- Excellent critical thinking/ problem solving skills
Please send your resume, graphic samples (if possible), personal or professional social media links, and a cover letter that outlines your interest in this role to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLA thanks all those interested in advance but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Founded over 30 years ago, FOLA is a non-profit organization that advocates for a better justice system that recognizes the crucial role competent and professional lawyers play in that system. Our members are the 47 local law associations (including the Toronto Lawyers' Association), represented in every judicial district in Ontario. These local law associations collectively represent nearly 12,000 lawyers who are in private practice in firms across Ontario and are on the front-lines of the justice system.