Sharepoint Administrator - CARE Canada
CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis.
We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
About the role:
CARE Canada is looking for a SharePoint Administrator.
The SharePoint Administrator will be a subject matter expert with great Microsoft SharePoint Online technology and project delivery experience. The SharePoint Administrator will be a key member of the Digital Team to ensure successful implementation of Office 365 and SharePoint Online solutions for the organization. They will provide guidance, expertise, and internal consulting services on SharePoint Online projects utilizing Office 365, as well as execution, management, and administration of the SharePoint Online solutions. They will participate in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of enterprise-scale information portal and knowledge management system.
- Creates SharePoint Online Communication Sites following CARE governance
- Develops solution documentation, flowcharts, layouts, design, diagrams
- Document procedures required to manage and maintain SharePoint Online
- Work independently on complex, non-routine tasks - under limited supervision
- Interact directly with end users and/or technical POCs to resolve SharePoint Online issues
- Monitor and resolve technical incidents submitted to a ticketing platform queue
- Provide tier 2 technical support for the setup and creation of SharePoint Online sites and support users
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems using research tools such as Microsoft TechNet, Search Engines, Microsoft Online, and Resource Kits
- Evaluate and initiate SharePoint Online solutions to the existing infrastructure
- Provide written recommendations and documentations for designs for enterprise deployments of SharePoint, as well as documentation of the solutions implemented
- Adhere to, and help construct, policies and guidelines such as, technical standards, security, and IT best practices
- Engages business stakeholders in value/process dialogue to develop requirements
- Advises on SharePoint Online and O365 governance structure that includes user management, security, and back-ups.
- Supports system conversions, upgrades, enhancements.
- Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with collaboration solution delivery.
- Maintains awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems, technologies, and best practices.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Experience in deploying and maintaining SharePoint Online and O365 suite of applications
- Experienced in architect, design, develop, implement, and maintain SharePoint Online
- 3+ years of experience creating and configuring SharePoint Online environments
- 3+ years of experience writing and using PowerShell to administer SharePoint
- Experience with SharePoint customization, including custom branding and navigation, configuring and administering search, configuring site collections and designing security, content type development, and application design and security
- Familiarity with SPFx and SharePoint JSOM.
- UX experience
- Experience with SharePoint integrations with Oracle PeopleSoft (Layer2 Cloud Connector)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous leave entitlements
- Flexible work hours and current work from home arrangement
- A family friendly environment
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you and we would like to hear from you. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once a candidate has been identified. Don’t wait to apply!
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
As part of CARE Canada's commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.