Senior Peer-to-Peer Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator - JDRF
Senior Peer-to-Peer Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
JDRF Vancouver is made up of highly motivated and collaborative team members. We have broken down working silos to strengthen communication, increase productivity, and establish positive relationships at all levels of our team. We encourage one another, communicate openly, and socialize regularly. We truly enjoy our time at the office and are excited to welcome a new team member to join us and add to our exciting office culture.
We’re currently searching for a passionate Senior Peer-to-Peer Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator. As an integral part of the JDRF team, you would be responsible for driving peer-to-peer fundraising activity for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes. As a passionate ambassador for JDRF, you would steward existing accounts and engage new volunteers, families, event participants, and organizations.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Achieving and exceeding fundraising targets for Walk and Ride events
- Implementing best practices in peer to peer fundraising to increase participation and event revenue
- Inspiring, motivating and stewarding a portfolio of fundraisers and volunteers
- Identifying and developing strategic key account volunteers to optimize event participation
- Balancing prospecting and new account recruitment with key account stewardship and development
- Engaging those living with T1D and their families to promote JDRF programs
- Collaborating with Regional Corporate Engagement and Event Experience teams to achieve overall event objectives
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree combined with 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising or sales
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with stakeholders, including but not limited to, volunteers, donors and T1D families
- Customer-service focused, collaborative, and strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative to independently problem solve
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office and experience working with a CRM
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events
- A valid driver’s license required; access to a personal vehicle preferred
Sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Submit your application today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.