Senior Manager - Routes Connecting Communities
This is an in-office position, Monday to Friday with some evenings and weekend work as required
$60,000-$65,000 per year
Primary Responsibilities and tasks
- Administer the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Supervise staff in accordance with Routes HR policies
- Communicate with key stakeholders to ensure the success of Routes programs and initiatives
- Develop and nurture relationships
- Support unity of purpose, leadership and direction of the organization
- Encourage team-building and positive working relationships
- Ensure the implementation of the strategic plan and objectives
- Attend and/or coordinate monthly partnership meetings
Program & Financial Management
- Manage projects and ensure successful implementation and completion
- Work with Board and Executive Director to secure funding
- Work with staff and board to oversee and maintain a comprehensive budget
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow
- Create monthly financial reports, manage grants and projections
- Ensure compliance with legal and governmental requirements with support of the Board and Executive Director
- Keep the Board and Executive Director informed in a timely manner, of issues affecting development and the delivery of programs and services
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional work experience in social services or health related organizations.
- At least 2-3 years progressive management experience in social services or non-profit organizations
- 5 years experience in strategic and tactical community engagement, development, leadership, and supporting multi-sectoral partnerships
- Experience in project development and implementation, grant writing, and reporting
- Experience working with diverse communities, working from an anti-oppression framework
- At least 2-3 years of financial management experience, including managing budgets
- Proficiency with MS Office and technical expertise with online databases and social media
- Successful and valid police clearance and G license will be required for the position
Successful candidate will be required to work 40 hours per week, in office, with some evening and weekend shifts as required.
This position requires working in a fast-paced environment. Time management, multi-tasking, initiative, organization and prioritizing are essential.
Candidates are requested to send a copy of their application (cover letter, resume) with subject: Senior Manager; to Niv Bala, by October 1, 2021 at 4PM.