Senior Education Manager - BC Non-Profit Housing Association
BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) has been the provincial umbrella organization for the non-profit housing sector for nearly 30 years. We serve more than 600 members, including non-profit housing societies, businesses, individuals, partners and stakeholders, with education and professional development opportunities, research and advocacy, and asset management services. BC’s non-profit housing societies manage more than 60,000 units of long-term, affordable housing in over 2,500 buildings across the province.
BCNPHA, in collaboration with the Aboriginal Housing Management Association, is working on the development and implementation of a comprehensive professional development and capacity building strategy for the non-profit housing sector in British Columbia. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Education to develop a strategy in collaboration with organization leadership and staff, and to operationalize the plan. The non-profit housing sector is expected to grow by 50% over the next ten years. The delivery of training, professional development, and capacity building opportunities based on a strategic framework will ensure a robust, resilient community housing sector into the future.
The Senior Manager, Education is a strategic education professional who will lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive sector capacity building strategy. The sector includes a broad range of providers from very large, professional organizations operating thousands of housing units, to small non-profits operating one small building on volunteer time. BCNPHA has a mandate to ensure that all housing providers have the knowledge and tools required to deliver high quality, affordable, and safe housing.
The primary functions of the Senior Manager, Education are to:
- Work collaboratively with the Aboriginal Housing Management Association to asses learning and professional development gaps and opportunities in the community housing sector;
- With sector partners, develop a professional development and capacity building strategy for the sector and work with sector partners to implement the strategy;
- Develop educational and professional pathways into non-profit housing through partnerships with accredited bodies and post secondary institutions;
- Evaluate BCNPHA’s current education offerings and work with the team to address gaps, and expand and enhance current offerings.
- Lead BCNPHA’s education offerings.
- Lead the planning and implementation of a provincial sector professional development and capacity building strategy
- Develop project plans and project timelines
- Manage project budgets and track deliverables
- Delegate and provide direction and support to project teams
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships
- Monitor and report on progress of projects to all project stakeholders
- The Education Manager reports to the Policy Director.
Education, Skills and Experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent combination of experience in Education, Community Development, Leadership or related field
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders
- A minimum of five years management and project management experience
- Direct work experience in capacity building, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Proven strengths in people management, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional planning, organizing and decisionmaking skills
- Proven understanding of budgeting, financial and risk management
- Understanding of the issues and challenges confronting the nonprofit sector and a vision to assist in addressing these challenges
- Proven interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
- Track record of managing multiple projects and deadlines, involving internal staff and third party vendors
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to Marika Albert, Director, Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Manager, Education – LASTNAME”. Submission deadline is August 24, 2020. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.