Senior Coordinator, Donor Relations and Stewardship - True Patriot Love Foundation
Senior Coordinator, Donor Relations and Stewardship
Full time / Permanent
True Patriot Love Foundation is Canada’s premier national philanthropic organization supporting the military and Veteran community. Since being established in 2009, the Foundation has provided over $30m in funding to community projects across all provinces and campaigned to raise awareness and support for those who serve in the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans and their families.
The foundation provides vital funding to community-based programs across the country that assist military families and in particular the children and spouses of those who serve; support well-being during and after service; enable rehabilitation and recovery from injury; and promote re-integration into communities following service. Through these efforts, True Patriot Love has helped over 33,000 military and Veteran families in need over the past decade. And there’s still so much more to do.
True Patriot Love is seeking an innovative, results-oriented Senior Coordinator, Donor Relations and Stewardship to join the Development Team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Coordinator will support the mission and growth of the Foundation through the execution of fundraising and high-quality stewardship with donors and senior volunteers. The Senior Coordinator will work closely with the CDO, senior volunteers, and the programs team to develop donor-centric communications, while also supporting the development of new digital fundraising initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with CEO and Development team to develop custom donor acknowledgment, recognition and stewardship strategies for senior volunteers and major donors.
- Coordinate True Patriot Love’s Campaign Cabinet work including communications and meeting preparation, organization and reports, minutes etc.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level donors, including strategy development and 1:1 relationship building.
- Research background information on potential corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of all annual events and new digitally focused events.
- Coordinate sponsor/donor engagement opportunities and activities.
- Coordinate the creation and delivery of stewardship material and reports.
- Create compelling donor proposals based on research and donors’ relationship with the organization.
- Responsible for recording and monitoring donor initiatives for Development team, including the ownership of a bi-weekly prospect meeting.
- Attend and respond to third-party requests/events as required.
- Support with the maintenance and updating of the database regularly.
- Support with administrative tasks including data entry, pulling reports from the database.
- Perform other duties to support Development team as required.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Ability to build new relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers.
- Highly organized with strong administrative and project management skills, able to juggle simultaneous priorities while adhering to deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience using relational databases and managing digital platforms and campaigns. Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, and Raisin would be strong assets.
- Intermediate experience with Word & Excel would be an asset.
- Possesses a high degree of customer service skills with the ability to work easily and effectively with staff and supporters.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel as required.
- University or College Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A strong commitment to the goals of the organization. While experience with the military is not required, a passion to provide the very best care and support to those in the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans, and their families is essential.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22nd, 2021, indicating “Senior Coordinator, Donor Relations and Stewardship” in the email subject line. Please be sure to include your salary expectations in the cover letter. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
True Patriot Love thanks all applicants for their interest in the role; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.