Senior Accountant - Girl Guides of Canada, National Office
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. In Guiding, girls from 5-17 meet with girls their own age in a safe, inclusive space to explore what matters to them. GGC is where girls take the lead, put their ideas into action and jump into awesome activities – all with the support of volunteer Guiders who are committed to positively impacting their lives. We strive to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
GGC is looking for a Senior Accountant.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19.
Reporting to the Manager, Reporting and Analysis, and working with several internal stakeholders, the Senior Accountant, will successfully assist in the preparation of annual operating budget and project budgets (national, provincial, and departmental), provide analysis and monthly reporting packages to the Senior Leadership Team, prepare reporting for Committees and the Board of Directors, provide support to the annual financial audit, and complete special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience with the regulations appropriate for the not-for-profit sector
- A professional accounting designation such as CPA.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Budget and Reporting experience.
- Experience monitoring and analyzing budget reports and analyzing monthly variances.
- Experience providing reporting and analysis information to senior leaders.
- Ability to connect budget submissions to strategic goals and advise as such.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams and with employees at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with MS Office; Office 365, advanced Excel (including V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.), Accpac/Sage 300 and other ERP systems.
- Ability to apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
If you meet these qualifications, embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic and are creative, curious and passionate about GGC’s future, apply today!
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) to Leeanne Federico, Employee Experience Specialist, Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada HR@girlguides.ca.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.