Scheduling Supervisor- Residential Services - Community Living Kingston and District
Scheduling Supervisor- Residential Services- July 23, 2020
Community Living Kingston and District is a progressive organization that supports over six hundred individuals with intellectual disabilities in the Kingston and Gananoque communities.
Community Living Kingston and District is seeking candidates for the position of Scheduling Supervisor- Residential Services. This is a full-time, permanent position that falls outside of the organization’s bargaining unit and reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The core duty of this position will be to build staff schedules for the organization’s Residential Services Division, which includes eleven program locations. Duties also include:
- Ensuring that staff schedules are designed in a manner that meets the needs and wishes of persons and families served (within the available resources);
- Liaising with program Coordinators and Managers to ensure that schedules support program quality and continuity;
- Reviewing and making decisions on time off requests;
- Coordination and scheduling of mandatory training activities;
- Ensuring that staff are scheduled in accordance with provisions of the Collective Agreement;
- Making recommendations to the Director of Human Resources and program Managers about needed staffing complements;
- Jointly supervising and supporting the team of Scheduling Assistants as they manage the day-to-day scheduling of the organization;
- Assisting with day-to-day schedule management (e.g., sick/emergency replacements) as needed;
- Being a member of the weekend on-call scheduling team;
- Working in concert with, and as a backup to, the organization’s Scheduling Supervisor- Community and Family Services;
- Reporting and verifying information for the organization’s payroll process.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in human services (DSW, BST, SSW, CYW, degree, or equivalent) is preferred. Some consideration may be possible for candidates with diplomas from other fields who have the other skills or experience needed for this position.
- A sound understanding of scheduling practices that would support effective deployment of staff in developmental services such that optimal supports can be provided;
- Proven ability to maintain composure and tact under pressure and timelines;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated competency in the areas of collaboration, creative problem solving and decision making, initiative, interpersonal relations and respect, planning and organizing, strategic thinking, and resilience.
- Significant technology skills with precision and attention to detail are a requirement for this position.
- Previous supervisory experience would be considered an asset. Experience in a position with a wide range of complex responsibilities that require multi-tasking and working to deadlines is a requirement.
Hours of Work:
This position is self-scheduling in nature. However, a key part of this position is to be available in person when staff and program supervisors require their assistance. As such, it is expected that the successful applicant will be routinely available during daytime hours at the office location.
Start Date: By mid-August 2020
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Jeff Harrison, Director of Human Resources
Application Deadline: By 4:30pm on July 30, 2020.
Community Living Kingston and District thanks all who apply. However, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will receive a response.
CLKD is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Jeff Harrison via email or at (613) 546-6613 x 2111.