Restorations Technician (Aircraft Repair & Maintenance) - Alberta Aviation Museum
The role of the Restorations Technician is to disassemble, clean, restore, repair and reassemble as well as fabricate aircraft structure, using techniques both modern and consistent with the age of the aircraft and techniques used at that time.
*Experience with riveting a must*
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Restoration, repair and overhaul of vintage and modern aircraft systems and system components. • Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
• Ensure that proper safety procedures, work rules and regulations are followed and maintained. • Maintain clean and orderly work conditions in your assigned work area.
• Work at a reasonable pace and within the museum’s quality standards to insure timely completion.
Requirements for this position:
• Aircraft restorations knowledge through suitable education or prior work experience.
• Experience using basic aircraft tools for general maintenance.
• Understand aircraft blueprints and technical data.
• Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to stand on concrete for long periods of time.
• Ability to work in a team environment and willing to collaborate with staff and volunteers.
• Be dependable and committed to carrying out your role to the best of your abilities.