Respite Provider - Child Development Resource Connection Peel
Community Helpers for Active Participants
What is Respite Care?
Respite care is a family support service that promotes active living and provides temporary relief from the physical and emotional demands involved in caring for a family member who has a disability. Respite creates greater opportunities for all family members to live actively and participate in community activities and allows parents/guardians time for themselves.
About the Role:
The Community Helpers for Active Participants (CHAP) program is a great way to help a family, gain experience, kick-start your career in social services and have a great time doing it! We are looking for extraordinary people like YOU to join our program!
The CHAP program offers you the opportunity to be connected to families looking for respite support. Our database matches Respite Providers, like yourself, to families supporting individuals with disabilities throughout the Region of Peel.
Interested in joining?
- Provide safe and engaging recreational support and supervision in home or the community, according to the supported person’s needs
- Regularly update your profile via respiteservices.com to ensure the database is accurately reflecting you current availability and contact information
- Provide respite/support services as requested by the parent/guardian/client
- Flexible and self-determined working hours (days, evening, weekends, overnights, relief, summer)
- Effective communication skills with both verbal and non-verbal populations
- Commitment to providing quality life experiences in home and in the community
- Clear Police Criminal Reference Check & Vulnerable Reference Check
- Required to attend 2 hour information session with Peel Respite Services
- Experience in developmental services is an asset
- First Aid, CPR and the ability to speak a 2nd language are an asset
To apply, visit here to register and submit your current resume
For more information, visit respiteservices.com/peel or call (905) 890 9432