Resource & Information Specialist-ES - Centre for Education & Training
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle walk in, telephone & website inquires; quickly assess customers initial employment service needs and effectively communicate relevant next steps
- Provide general direction and guidance to individuals and employers accessing the Resource & Information service with print and online information, resources and activities that support independent employability support;
- Conduct Resource & Information orientations for all registering clients and promote and administer the site event schedule
- Provide information on the labour market, careers and occupations, education, training and employment opportunities and career planning and job search strategies as well as EO program and service information
- Collect, review and evaluate client information with reference to the Resource & Information component under the Service Delivery Guidelines and refer individuals to the most appropriate service stream
- Provide guidance in developing a job search strategy, identifying and matching career interests, skills and aptitudes, developing interview techniques and preparing a resume and cover letter
- Assist with computer usage and Internet based services
- Support customer communication services such as email, voice mail and job boards.
- Support employers with their goals to attract & recruit employees and skilled labour
- Facilitate workshops and information sessions to job seekers, employers and others accessing the Employment Services
- Assist in the coordination of site and community events that meet the mandate of the Employment Service Model.
- Provide full range of Outreach activities maintaining outcome data and statistics.
- Track client inquiries, identify opportunities, and make recommendations related to improve services and to provide value-added services
- Support the Employment Service team with administrative services including general office administrative supports, data collection and entry, maintenance of databases, preparation of statistical reports
- Maintain an organized and productive environment
- Relevant Post-Secondary Education in related fields or a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a customer service capacity in the career services sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with EO clients, provide client orientation & overview of services
- Demonstrated knowledge of Job Search strategies, current employment trends, labour market information and appropriate workplace behaviours
- In- depth knowledge of LMI research, job search resources, online employment tools to help clients conduct a self-directed job search
- Demonstrated employment coaching experience considered an asset.
- Experience in coordinating job fairs, guest speaker sessions and special events
- Experience with facilitating and presenting to diverse audiences
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience working with diverse cultures in a customer service capacity
- Strong team work, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of MTCU programs & services in the Central Region
- Solid administrative skills and demonstrated use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), various web browsers, Internet networks, on-line employment tools.
- Ability to adapt to new technology in a continuously improving and changing work environment
- Demonstrated experienced with CAMS considered an asset.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
This job is from CharityVillage
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.