Resource Development Coordinator - Cornerstone/LePilier
JOB TITLE: Resource Development Coordinator
The Resource Development Coordinator will coordinate day-to-day tasks within the Resource Development Office. Duties include: donation drop-offs, sorting, and resourcing to benefit residents of Cornerstone’s supportive housing communities and emergency shelter. The RD Coordinator will work closely with the Resource Development Manager, and Stewardship and Database Officer, to build capacity in the following areas; social media and communications, graphic design, granting, donor relations, gift-in-kind (physical donations) program execution, gift-in-kind acceptance, organization, resourcing of organizational donation needs, organizing food donations, in partnership with food services staff, as well as donation allocations.
TERM: Full-time, Temporary. This contract will be 14 months in length.
REASON FOR VACANCY: Parental Leave
SALARY: 43,875.00$ - 45,825.00$ per annum commensurate to skills and experience.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday for a total of 40 hours per week, with overtime as operationally required. Some flexibility to work evenings and weekends for special events and other operational needs is required.
REPORTS TO: The Resource Development Manager
LOCATION: Head Office (314 Booth Street)
Communications & Content Creation - 40%
- Social media copy creation
- Track media
- Coordinates the social media posting schedule and tracks engagement
- Graphics and image creation
- Provides input into the Organizational Communications Plan
- Content creation: e-newsletters; newsletter appeals; annual report; impact reports; posters and other external/internal communications as required
- Website design and updates
- Other duties as assigned
Community Building & Event Support - 20%
- Develops supportive, respectful and collaborative relationships among external partners, volunteers, donors, managers, staff and residents.
- Assists with event logistics, and pre-planning
- Acts as the main third party event contact
- Represents Cornerstone to the public
- Sits on internal Board Committee meetings as the minute taker
Administration & Resource Development Program Co-ordination - 40%
- Manages and filters Cornerstone’s inbox for donors
- Answers emails, phone calls and inquiries from the public in regards to the public donations program (Physical donation items).
- Schedules appointments and receives donation shipments.
- Collaborates with the Resource Development Manager in identifying and managing gift-in-kind needs to fulfill community partnership and resource development goals.
- Creates and maintains an active wish list, through consistent consultation
- Liaises with internal and external partners on the gift-in-kind donation program.
- Coordinates with Volunteer Program Manager, drivers, corporate volunteers, and other gift-in-kind volunteers.
- Thanking and interacting with donors
- Data entry of gift-in-kind donations
- Conducts grant research and organizes grant applications
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to lift twenty pounds, and move without physical barriers
- Demonstrated experience with socially disadvantaged people
- Good client-service
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Word processing and data entry
- Basic writing skills
- Basic Adobe InDesign skills
- Basic Wordpress and HTML coding skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated good judgment and problem solving ability