Resource Development and Communications Associate - Interval House
The Resource Development and Communications Associate is accountable for planning, implementing, and evaluating the organization’s long-term development and revenue goals; communications strategy, direct marketing, and annual giving program.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
Participate in Program Development, Operations, and Administration of the fundraising program through:
- Contributing to developing, managing, and implementing fundraising strategies and budgets for:
- The Annual Giving Program including direct mail production, electronic communications, tribute and online giving programs
- Interval House’s communications and public relations programs, including major cause campaigns and proactive media relations
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with other agencies, community partners, donors and potential donors while continuously seeking partnerships opportunities
- Ensure that Resource Development policies and procedures, and best practices are reviewed regularly and adhered to
- Design and implement stewardship strategies to increase donor retention
- Manage agency consultants, such as direct marketing agency, database management company, graphic designers, writers, and website designers
- Oversee the administration of fundraising database
- Plan and manage agency’s communication activities, including annual reports, website, social media and other activities. Liaise with agency staff for approval.
- Supervise Administrative employee
- Advise programs staff on fundraising feasibility for program development
As an employee, you will benefit from:
- Group Insurance benefits, if eligible
- Employee’s Work-life balance
- Competitive compensation
- A positive work environment
Job Requirements & Competencies:
- University Degree, or related college courses and/or professional training in Fundraising Management
- 3 - 5 years’ experience working in fundraising, preferably with a generalist background and/or specialization in direct response or marketing communications
- Advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement, strategic planning and business growth
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects from conception to completion with tightly prescribed timelines
- Exceptional analytical, report writing, proposal writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage risks
- Ability to build and foster reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, accountability and adaptability
- Capable of managing emotional stress
- Consistent ability to demonstrate professional behavior and respect for boundaries
- Must be flexible with workdays and/or hours
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants, however, only applicants with the required qualifications and competencies will be contacted.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and/or must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
All successful applicants must undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.