Resource Coordinator, Forward Food - Humane Society International/Canada
This position will help to grow Canada's plant-based food industry, making plant-based foods more widely available, enabling institutions, businesses and other foodservice operations to more easily source appealing plant-based products. The resource coordinator will be responsable for overseeing the creation of a national, digital plant-based resource centre, which will become the country's top source of information about plant-based businesses.
This is a full-time, 18-month contract poition running from October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2023, with the possibility of renewal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Overseeing the development of the plant-based business resource hub, which will be developed, populated and launched between October 2021 and March 2023
- Liaising with web-related service providers, partners and vendors to support the development of the online hub platform.
- Liaising with team members, partner organizations and external stakeholders to determine the structure of and content on the hub.
- Liaising with partner organizations and external stakeholders to facilitate content creation for the hub, in both English and French, ensuring that the website is helpful, current, accurate, functional and user friendly.
- Conducting research and synthesizing information about topics related to establishing and growing a plant-based food business.
- Generating content in easy-to-use resource formats such as templrate, how-to-guides, and short instructional videos, or managing sub-contractors to do so.
- Posting on, updating and maintaining the website (platform TBD), including several databases and directories.
- Engaging with corporate and community stakeholders to add content to and promote the hub.
- Responding to queries submitted through the hub.
- Developing and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO)
- Monitoring website analytics and collecting feedback to determine the hub's level of engagement and value.
- Maintaining a project budget and workplan to ensure that tasks are completed on time and on budget.
PERIPHERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Assist with other campaign work of the farm animal protection department as requested.
- Represent the organization to donors and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project coordination or management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in website development or management
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience related to the plant-based food sector and/or business development.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Strong project management and budget management skills.
- Strong organizations, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading/copy editing skills.
- Strong ability to build/foster relationship by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- A high level of familiarity and experience with website content management systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, Squarespace and/or Wix.
- A high level of familiarity and experience with graphic and video design programs, such as Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- A high level of familiarity and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- A high level of confidence, integrity, interpersonal skills, and a professional presence for effectively facilitating meetings and engaging with external stakeholders.
- A high level of attention to details.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision, as well as participate collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular business hours on occasion.
- Strong knowledge of the plant-based food sector and business development is an asset.
- Basic HTML Knowledge is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a consultant to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations made be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The consultant is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or gel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.