Resource Centre Coordinator / Workshop Facilitator - Employment Hamilton
Employment Hamilton has been delivering employment and training services since 1972. Funded by Employment Ontario, EH offers employment counselling, Resource and Information services, Second Career, Canada-Ontario Job Grant and other services. A strong focus on providing superior, personalized service in a welcoming environment is an important part of our Customer Service Standard. This is a full-time position. Usual weekly hours 35.5. Monday – Friday, plus some Tuesday evenings
Manage services in a large Resource Centre, according to Ministry guidelines and organization policies, ensuring all resources are complete, current and meet the needs of all those using the Centre
- Providing superior client service assist employers with information on services and job seekers with their efforts to obtain employment/training
- Maintain 30 computers, printers and other equipment throughout the centre
- Create quality resumes and marketing letters
- Contact employers and clients by phone, email and text to assist staff with follow-up, file updating, etc.
- Assist with our online Job Board postings
- Accurately input data into the ministry database
- Facilitate WHMIS, Smart Serve, and other training sessions
- Effectively facilitate workshops offered at Employment Hamilton on an ongoing basis
- Plan/implement improvements/strategies using a continuous improvement model in service delivery
- Cover reception when required – answer phones, greet clients, answer queries
- Friendly, outgoing personality with strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An effective listener keen to eagerly help our clients
- Proficient in Word, Excel, internet resourcing, job search techniques
- Quick learner motivated to high standards of service and able to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Flexible and supportive team player who demonstrates good judgement and empathetic support
- Strong computer/printer diagnostic skills to maintain 30 pcs including anti-virus and other updates
- Strong workshop facilitation skills – Able to engage clients from all ages and backgrounds.
- Able to work with clients from all backgrounds and needs
- Knowledge of Hamilton’s resources and labour market
In order to be considered, your letter MUST include your WEEKLY salary expectations. Please indicate your available start date. EH is a not-for-profit organization. We offer a comprehensive benefits package after 4 months.
- Email your letter and resume in ONE PDF attachment to HR@EmploymentHamilton.com with the subject line “Resource Coordinator”
Resumes will be reviewed as they arrive. Position may be filled earlier than application deadline of Aug 29
Anticipated start date is approximately Sept 3. No phone call or email queries.
To be considered for employment, a satisfactory Police Criminal Record / Vulnerable Sector Search is required.
Accessibility accommodations are available for the recruitment process upon request.
If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Employment Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.