Residential Support Worker (1 year contract) - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Residential Support Worker.
The Residential Support Worker provides a range of services and support to clients who have experienced homelessness, mental health and addiction issues in the layered supports program. The position performs a variety of functions to support the physical, social and mental well-being of clients and facilitates the overall effective operation of the residences. One location specializes in providing support to individuals that identify as Trans or gender expansive. He/she/they will encourage members to set goals and liaise with appropriate community agencies in providing services to members. Responsible for in-house social support, referrals, life skills teaching, crisis intervention and coordinating resident and staff activities while working as part of a team. This position will also be responsible for assisting with property issues, including cleaning and coordinating repairs as necessary.
Note: The position may be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Human Service or equivalent;
- Knowledge and experience is required of the issues faced by adults who have experienced long term homelessness, including struggles with mental health and substance use.
- Minimum two years related experience with client group;
- Knowledge of a housing first approach and understanding of trans health and support services
- An understanding of harm reduction and psychosocial rehabilitation principles
- Crisis intervention skills, with well-developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment;
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “RSW - LS” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: November 29, 2020