Residential Care Worker - The Salvation Army
Front Desk Staff to present a professional image of Harbour Light to both the public and the residents living within the Centre, maintaining a high level of courtesy as well as accurateness in matters of clerical responsibility. To assure the security of the premises, the safety of the residents, and the smooth running of the building.
- Provide safety and security for our residents, students, volunteers, staff and visitors to the facility.
- Ensure those entering the facility are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Provide front line reception responsibilities, including operation of a multiline telephone system, and greeting of all visitors
- Log and distribute all documentation to appropriate facility staff or clients
- Respond to email as required
- Generate observational/incident reports and report to appropriate Director
- Facility rounds
- Supervise client urine screens, breathalyzers and smokerlyzer
The successful job applicant will have completed up to two (2) years of College. NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable. The incumbent must have the following experience
- Degree or diploma in one of the human services professions; preferably social work
- Education, experience or equivalent in working with people with addictions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Crisis/Conflict Management Skills
- Diversity awareness and appreciation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Mental health knowledge an asset
- Computer skills in word processing, email, data entry, Catalyst
- Must be supportive of the mission of The Salvation Army
- Pleasant, courteous and professional, respectful towards clients, public, students and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office and email and internet applications.
- Current Certification in First Aid and CPR., WHMIS training an asset
- Current Certificate in Crisis Intervention
- Satisfactory current Police Check and Vulnerability Check
- Minimum two years sobriety if recovering from alcohol or chemical dependency
SALARY/GRADE: Per the Collective Agreement
PLEASE NOTE: Resumes are reviewed as received and not by posting end date.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "RCW THLM".
Must be available to work evening/overnight/weekend shifts. Casual/On-Call position.
Toronto Harbour Light Ministries is a Smoke and Tobacco-Free facility. The incumbent may not leave the building during their shift.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.