Residential ADL Assistant - Cota
JOB POSTING #262
RESIDENTIAL ADL ASSISTANT - ABI COLLEGEVIEW
Bargaining Unit Position
One (1) Casual Position (weekend and weekday shifts)
Cota is an accredited community-based organization that has been supporting adults with mental health and cognitive challenges to live well within their communities for over 40 years. We provide person-centred supports that assist individuals to find inspiration and hope in their inherent strengths and support them to pursue meaningful change in their lives, as they define it. We also work collaboratively with our funders, our partners and other stakeholders, across the provincial health and social service systems, to inspire positive change in the way that services are delivered to individuals living with mental health and cognitive challenges.
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who will work enthusiastically to deliver recovery oriented, client and family centered and comprehensive services that meet client needs, ensure client safety and work within a quality improvement framework to identify opportunities for enhancing quality and quantitative outcomes of the services. Client and family centered care is guiding principle at Cota that helps improve decision making processes, health outcome and client experiences. The successful individual will embed this guiding principle into their work.
We require an experienced ABI Residential ADL Assistant to work at our ABI Collegeview Program. Collegeview is a supportive housing program located at the Collegeview Apartment site in the Yonge St./College St. area of downtown Toronto. This program provides rent-geared-to-income accommodation and supports to adults with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) requiring various levels of physical, cognitive, and behavioral support. Residents reside in their own apartments and share a communal kitchen with other residents. The goal of the program is to assist residents with activities of daily living and other individual goals so that they can maintain their housing and lead productive lives within the community.
The Residential ADL Assistant provides household management, personal care including pest control preparation, assistance with routine activities of daily living in the residential setting, socialization and emotional support for tenants residing in the setting. All activities are performed to encourage tenants’ independence and respect tenants’ choices.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE REQUIRES:
- A minimum of high School Diploma required as well as certification as a PSW or Health Care Aide
- Ability to provide personal care (ie. Toileting, bathing, safe lifts and transfers) and other activities of daily living and household management (ie. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, community escorts)
- Ability to lift 10-25 lbs.
- Demonstrated understanding of ABI symptoms and strategies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic computer literacy (Word, E-mail, Internet)
- Good judgment, the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others
- Effective communication skills to interact with team, case managers, program manager, etc.
- Demonstrated client-centered and customer focus approach
- Sensitive to challenges experienced by marginalized groups such as poverty, access issues, mental health and Acquired Brain Injury
- Valid Crisis Prevention and Intervention Certificate (CPI), First Aid/CPR Certificate, ASIST and Safe Food Handling Certificate preferred
- Experience working with clients who have special needs, physical and/or cognitive disabilities, mental health and/or addiction issues is an asset preferred
- Availability to work day, evening and weekend shifts
PAY: $18.11 per hour
Please forward a cover letter and your current resume on or before August 14, 2020 by 4:00pm to Human Resources via e-mail at email@example.com, and reference Job Posting #262.
Posting ad date is July 31, 2020; the posting will remain open until successfully filled.
If you have any requirements for accommodation due to disability, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process. We will work with you to best meet your needs as per resources available to us.
Cota is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please. Cota encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.)