Research and Policy Analyst - Battered Women's Support Services
Research and Policy Analyst
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're on a mission to end gender based violence. For over 40 years we’ve walked alongside women, providing advocacy, amplifying resilience and resistance, and we're just getting started. We are committed to doing the work and putting survivors at the centre. A mission like ours needs a perspective like yours, that’s what makes us stronger. For more information on BWSS visit www.bwss.org
You’ll use your passion for research and policy to support ending violence, gender equity and social justice movements.
Reporting to Manager of Research and Policy, you will work in collaboration to work on assigned policy development projects. Providing critical research, data, policy and strategic support for the ending violence, gender equity and social justice movements. Building on the long tradition of movement-driven, community-derived research and uses an explicit decolonial, anti-oppression and racial justice lens.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Performing rapid analysis of gender-equity and gender-based policy to support organizing campaigns in real time, produced within a few days, weeks or months for immediate use in campaign events.
- Performing qualitative research conducted through interviews, surveys, focus groups, participatory action research, or other methodologies.
- Writing extended policy reports that highlight issues of gender equity and gender-based violence and/or propose evidence-based policy solutions.
- Developing tools, fact sheets, webinars, infographics and other formats for presenting information in engaging and accessible ways to multiple audiences.
- Collaborating with grassroots and community organizing groups to identify and define research and policy needs.
- Presenting and discussing of policy and research with organizers and grassroots and community leaders on conference calls, in community meetings, in webinars and other formats.
- Conducting research on policy and practice for community-based responses to addressing gender equity and gender based violence.
- Writing reports and informative materials that create new knowledge.
- Summarizing and synthesizing existing research to support grassroots and community-based organizing campaigns to address gender equity and gender-based violence from an intersectional feminist, anti-oppression and decolonial perspective.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- Must have 2 years combination training, education, experience conducting research and policy analysis
- Excellent writing, research, and communications skills
- Ability to explain complex issues in clear, simple language accessible to multiple audiences
- Experience working with diverse constituencies and communities, including people of diverse racial, cultural, class and linguistic backgrounds
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience with and knowledge of critical issues and data in gender equity, gender-based violence from an intersectional anti-oppression feminist and decolonial framework
- Ability to manage timelines independently and effectively
- Research, identify and qualify funding opportunities from corporate, foundation, and government sources.
- Proficiency with multiple presentation technologies and software for creating data visualizations, infographics and webinars
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with conceiving, developing and producing policy reports
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- The Research and Policy works in a shared office environment and at home office during COVID-19;
- The Research and Policy usually works a standard work week;
- The Research and Policy may be required to work evenings and weekends.
- This is a full time (40 hours per week) position with benefits as per the Collective Agreement for Community Living and General Services after successful three-month probationary period.
- Hourly wages of $33.83;
- As a bona fide job requirement this position will be held by a woman or femme
If you seek the opportunity to commit to an organization engaged in making a real difference in the lives of children and women in our community, please send your resume by 5pm on May 14, 2021. Respond via email to: Battered Women’s Support Services firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.